After Major League Baseball elected to discipline Houston first baseman Yuli Gurriel for a racist gesture during Game 4 of the World Series, some groups asked why the league isn't more aggressive in dealing with the Cleveland Indians' Chief Wahoo logo.
Gurriel was caught on camera making a slant-eyed gesture and also seemed to say the Spanish word "chinito, " meaning "little Chinese guy, " in reference to the Japan-born Yu Darvish. "Japan opened my doors to the game of baseball and I didn't mean to offend them".
After the game, Darvish called the gesture by Gurriel disrespectful but said he still respected his opponent and that everyone should use it as a learning opportunity.
"I've never had anything against Darvish".
Tesla Building Electric Car Factory In China
The company's well known vehicle models included Tesla Roadster , Tesla Model S, Tesla Model x and Tesla Model 3 . Tesla has seen a boom in China sales over the past year, seeing revenue triple to $1 billion in the country.
"There is no place in our game for the behavior or any behavior like the behavior we witnessed last night", Manfred told a news conference before Saturday's Game Four in Houston. Toronto's Kevin Pillar and Oakland's Matt Joyce each were banned two games this season after making anti-gay comments. He won't be forced to miss any games during the 2017 World Series.
And yet, the suspension beginning next season means Gurriel is back in the Astros' lineup tonight.
"I understand people will have different views but it was my best judgement that this timing was appropriate", Manfred said. The punishment came a day after Gurriel's actions toward the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher during Game 3.
"Nobody's flawless and everybody is different and then. we just. have to learn from it", he said. "That's what I'm saying, so just learn from it and we've got to go forward, move forward". "I would also like to apologize to the Dodgers organization, the Astros, Major League Baseball and to all fans across the game".
- Liam Payne's New Song Is Full Of Breakup (And Makeup) Sex
- Martavis Bryant reportedly wants out of Pittsburgh again, rips JuJu Smith-Schuster
- Las Vegas shooting: Stephen Paddock's laptop is missing its hard drive
- Trump launches petition to stand for national anthem
- Winx makes it 22 straight - just - with Cox Plate win
- State records first flu-related death for the season
- Eric Bledsoe met with Suns before season, requested trade
- Kelly 'Stunned, Broken-hearted' Over Trump Fallen Soldier Controversy
- Justin Timberlake to perform at Super Bowl halftime show
- RIP Kinect: Microsoft stops manufacturing Xbox and Windows add-on device