Seven militants were killed and ten injured after the Israeli army bombarded on Monday a tunnel underneath the borders between southeast Gaza Strip and Israel, medics and security sources said.
Following the meeting, Mitzna told Israel Broadcast Corporation (Kan) that Abbas has "proven that he is a partner for peace" and said that PA security forces are working diligently to scuttle terror attacks against Israelis in Judea and Samaria.
"We are not interested in an escalation, but we are ready for all scenarios" he said.
Those known to be have killed were rescue teams that entered the tunnel to save their fellow terrorists, according to Hebrew-language media reports.
Hamas was said to be urging caution and coordination with Egypt in order to avoid upsetting the fragile Palestinian unity deal.
Steam Introduces A New Way To Gift Games To Friends
An email message is sent to the selected friend, and the new gift card is also highlighted in the Steam client. Now that you have to directly choose who to gift games to before purchase, hoarding is no longer an option.
Israel is using sophisticated measures to thwart tunnels dug by militants.
The prime minister said Israel holds Hamas responsible for all military action against Israel emanating from the Gaza Strip and "whoever hurts us, we hurt them".
Conricus declined to give further information on the "new technology" but said it was used for the first time in detecting a tunnel.
Today, Hamas will turn over control over control of the Rafah border crossing, the only entry point between the Gaza Strip and Egypt, to the Palestinian Authority (PA).
Besides calling it an escalation, Hamas said the Israeli operation was "a desperate attempt which aims to undermine efforts to rebuild Palestinian unity". United Nations facilities were often used as platforms to launch rockets into Israel in order to discourage its army from firing at a school. Israeli leaders have been keen to show they are addressing the threat of tunnels from the Gaza Strip. A total of 67 Israeli soldiers and six Israeli civilians were killed in the conflict, while 2,251 Palestinians died, according to the United Nations.
- Utah National Park entrance fees could more than double
- Linkin Park's Emotional Chester Bennington Tribute Song "Looking For An Answer"
- Justin Timberlake to perform at Super Bowl halftime show
- RIP Kinect: Microsoft stops manufacturing Xbox and Windows add-on device
- Liam Payne's New Song Is Full Of Breakup (And Makeup) Sex
- Trump declares Public Health Emergency to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Republicans launch probe into Obama administration Russian uranium deal
- IAEA Chief: Iran Living Up to Nuclear Deal
- Music Launch: All You Should Know About Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar's Grand Event
- Albert Einstein's 'secret to happiness' note sells for $1.9m