Moscow has stood by Tehran as well while Trump has refused to re-certify the nuclear deal between Iran and world powers including Russian Federation.
Rouhani also said Tehran will welcome Russian investors and private firms willing to undertake development and other projects in Iran.
The presidential administration noted that the parties "are seeking to pursue a coordinated policy in the global hydrocarbon markets".
Trump has called the agreement "the worst deal ever negotiated" and branded Iran a "terrorist nation" for involvement in conflicts in the Middle East.
Moscow has criticized Trump's antagonistic stance and rejected his demand to renegotiate the accord.
Russian Federation and Iran are allies in Syria and the main backers of President Bashar Assad, deploying military forces to help his regime turn the tide against opponents backed by the US and regional powers in a civil war that's raged since 2011.
Linkin Park's Emotional Chester Bennington Tribute Song "Looking For An Answer"
Dubbed " Linkin Park & Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington ", the show featured two dozen guest musicians - from Blink-182, members of No Doubt and Steve Aoki , to surprise artists Alanis Morissette , Gavin Rossdale and Bebe Rexha .
"We oppose any unilateral change in the multilateral nuclear deal", Putin told Khamenei, Iranian state TV reported.
The corridor, serving as a bridge to connect the railroads of Iran, Azerbaijan and Russian Federation, is to provide faster and more efficient trade connectivity between Europe and Southeast Asia.
Rowhani, also scheduled to meet with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, was expected to discuss strengthening economic ties with the leaders.
The presidents will also talk about the prospects for developing cultural and humanitarian ties, tourist and youth exchanges, contacts in the field of sports and expanding direct ties between the three countries' regions, the Kremlin noted.
The meeting came hours before a Tehran-hosted summit between presidents of Iran, Russia and Azerbaijan to discuss trilateral and regional issues, including the Syrian crisis.
- Aaron Rodgers says Anthony Barr gave him the finger after devastating hit
- IAEA Chief: Iran Living Up to Nuclear Deal
- Power of Passport: India fares worse than Zimbabwe, but better than Pakistan
- Utah National Park entrance fees could more than double
- Steam Introduces A New Way To Gift Games To Friends
- Accidental Blast in Thermal Power Unit Kills at Least 20
- Las Vegas shooting: Stephen Paddock's laptop is missing its hard drive
- State records first flu-related death for the season
- Albert Einstein's 'secret to happiness' note sells for $1.9m
- Martavis Bryant reportedly wants out of Pittsburgh again, rips JuJu Smith-Schuster