One person was killed late Monday in a shooting at the University of Utah campus in Salt Lake City.
Authorities were searching for a male suspect identified as Austin Boutain, 24, who was "considered armed and risky", the department said.
An alert was issued on campus reading: "Shots fired".
The suspect is Austin Boutain, police said.
Friends say the 23-year-old smiled easily, loved to dance and could be found trekking canyons around Salt Lake City, like the one where his body was found Monday night. Classes were canceled in respect for Guo but police assure the community that the campus is secure and facilities will remain open.
Boutain also has a son who lives in Minnesota.
Aaron Rodgers says Anthony Barr gave him the finger after devastating hit
Bank Stadium, during which linebacker Anthony Barr broke Aaron Rodgers' collarbone with a legal hit to the Green Bay quarterback. We're almost two weeks removed from the Vikings' victory over the Packers at U.S.
Authorities now believe Boutain may be also be connected to a murder in Colorado.
Around 11 a.m., Salt Lake City police tweeted that the "mountain search for Austin Boutain has been completed" and that the suspect was "still outstanding". "Red Butte Canyon. Shelter in Place".
Golden police have identified the man found dead in his RV Tuesday morning as 63-year-old Mitchell Bradford Ingle.
Rachel Tam of Pleasant Grove, Utah, said Tuesday that Guo was a member of the Mormon church and served as a missionary in Provo. The university was placed on lockdown around 9 p.m. Monday after reports of shots fired.
Lori McDonald, the University of Utah's dean of students, said Guo served as a peer adviser to help other worldwide students find their bearings on campus and described him as "extremely outgoing, charming, creative, smart".
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd split over the distance
- Winx makes it 22 straight - just - with Cox Plate win
- Music Launch: All You Should Know About Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar's Grand Event
- Utah National Park entrance fees could more than double
- Albert Einstein's 'secret to happiness' note sells for $1.9m
- Power of Passport: India fares worse than Zimbabwe, but better than Pakistan
- Victor denied trophy - because she's a GIRL
- Hamas terror tunnel discovered under United Nations refugee agency's school in Gaza
- IAEA Chief: Iran Living Up to Nuclear Deal
- Steam Introduces A New Way To Gift Games To Friends