Days before we "fall back" an hour, a special state commission has been discussing a change in time zones.
"It was a big deal - some businesses said they weren't going to comply, and refused the time change saying it was going to affect their bottom line", he said.
Sunday, November 5, 2017 - Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 am.
The bill, first enacted a decade ago, was meant to ease the country's energy problems.
Daylight saving time will return on Sunday, March 11, 2018.
Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and most of Arizona don't observe daylight saving time, so there's no need to change the clocks in those places. And you'll get 60 minutes more of shut-eye between Saturday night and Sunday wake-up.
Warm, dry weather will accompany the time change this weekend, so enjoy some time outdoors after getting that extra hour of sleep.
Japanese man arrested after parts of nine bodies found in home
A man who lives on the same floor as the suspect said he noticed an "odd smell" when he walked past the apartment in August. The body parts, contained in cooler boxes in the man's apartment, include at least two severed heads, they said.
Others have reported that daylight-saving time can be linked to reduced road injuries. But this also means that the sun will be setting earlier and earlier in the afternoon in the coming weeks.
The proposal stated: "The state of Montana rejects switching between standard time and daylight saving time and elects to remain on daylight saving time in Montana throughout the year".
After the national repeal in 1919, some states and cities, including New York City and Chicago, continued to shift their clocks. Since it became a law, any state has been allowed to opt out, as long as it passed a state law to do so, something only Arizona and Hawaii now have in place.
What countries follow Daylight Saving Time?
Some countries refer to "Daylight Saving Time" as "Summer Time".
A 2008 U.S. Department of Energy study concluded that the extension of DST saved about 1.3 terawatt-hours of electricity, or about one-third of a tenth of a percent of total U.S. electricity consumption.
- Linkin Park's Emotional Chester Bennington Tribute Song "Looking For An Answer"
- Simona Halep ousted from 2017 WTA Finals by Elina Svitolina
- Buffalo Bills acquire Benjamin in trade with Panthers
- IAEA Chief: Iran Living Up to Nuclear Deal
- Broncos bench QB Trevor Siemian, promote Brock Osweiler
- Utah National Park entrance fees could more than double
- MLB Suspends Gurriel For 5 Games Next Season
- Manchester United's Bailly warns against underrating Benfica
- Iran Leader Warns about Sabotage in Tehran-Baku Ties
- El Shaarawy double as Roma maul Chelsea