Twitter blamed the deletion of President Trump's Twitter account on Thursday night on a rogue customer support employee.
The as yet unidentified Twitter employee probably committed a crime shutting down Trump's Twitter account, but I hope he's not in any serious trouble.
@DavidJollyFLJust gonna say it, the employee at Twitter who shut off Trump's account for 11mins could become a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize. Twitter, meanwhile, said: "Through our investigation we have learned that this was done by a Twitter customer support employee who did this on the employee's last day".
Other Twitter users suggested the deactivation should be a permanent state of play for Mr Trump's account. But deleting the Twitter feed of the most powerful man in the world, if only for a few minutes, is truly epic. "Trump's Twitter deactivated for 11 min, and I suddenly thought I'd jumped back into the real timeline where things aren't so damned absurd", tweeted Star Trek actor turned social media personality George Takei. In an interview with NBC's Sunday TODAY, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey defended Trump's use of his platform, emphasizing the importance of hearing from the man himself for the sake of accountability.
President Donald Trump's Twitter page.
Victor denied trophy - because she's a GIRL
Emily Nash had the lowest score in the tournament, but the first place trophy went to a boy who was four strokes behind her. But while the MIAA isn't budging on the rule, multiple professional female golfers have spoken out in support of Nash.
A former employee told Buzzfeed "a lot" of workers have the capability to suspend accounts, though not many can fully deactivate them.
Twitter said in a tweet on Friday: "We have implemented safeguards to prevent this from happening again".
Why did Trump's Twitter account just disappear for 15 minutes? "We are conducting a full internal review".
Trump's eight-year-old @realdonaldtrump account has almost 42 million followers. They also noted that the National Archives and Records Administration has advised the White House that the tweets must be preserved as official records under the Presidential Records Act. "I guess the word must finally be getting out-and having an impact", he wrote.
- IAEA Chief: Iran Living Up to Nuclear Deal
- May consider fixing time for Delhi LG to clear files, indicates SC
- Buffalo Bills acquire Benjamin in trade with Panthers
- Steam Introduces A New Way To Gift Games To Friends
- Accidental Blast in Thermal Power Unit Kills at Least 20
- Broncos bench QB Trevor Siemian, promote Brock Osweiler
- El Shaarawy double as Roma maul Chelsea
- Hamas terror tunnel discovered under United Nations refugee agency's school in Gaza
- Iran Leader Warns about Sabotage in Tehran-Baku Ties
- Winx makes it 22 straight - just - with Cox Plate win