Carolina built a 20-10 lead on Graham Gano field goals of 31 and 45 yards on the team's first two possessions of the second half, giving the Panthers 20 unanswered points. He wasn't even heard from after the break, but fantasy owners got the touchdown they needed.
Carolina has not lost consecutive home games against the Falcons since the 2010-11 season.
RECEIVER ROTATION: Rookie Curtis Samuel started for the Panthers as the No. 2 wide receiver opposite Funchess and had three catches for 23 yards. He was the game's leading rusher with 86 yards on nine carries.
Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart fumbled twice in Atlanta territory in the first quarter, the first one recovered by safety Keanu Neal and the second one caused by Neal. Cam Newton and the Panthers' offense covered the remaining distance in six plays, scoring on a 4-yard run by Christian McCaffrey. That resulted in Matt Bryant's 53-yard field goal.
Carolina successfully executed the same option pitch the team had previously fumbled against Chicago to score its first touchdown of the game.
In the fourth quarter, Jones became the first receiver to have a 100-yard game against the Panthers' defense in 2017. Adams picked off a ball meant for tight end Austin Hooper and returned it 40 yards to set up a go-ahead Panthers touchdown.
Manchester United's Bailly warns against underrating Benfica
So for me [he is] untouchable in my team and I think he should be untouchable in support from the fans. As a manager I feel duty to protect my players when I feel they deserve it.
But after the Falcons had won three in a row vs. Carolina, Sunday's game felt personal to everyone in the home locker room.
The Panthers' run game already relied a lot on deception. Defensive end Mario Addison followed up Horton's sack with one of his own on the next play for a 6-yard loss.
Carolina will host its second primetime game in four weeks next Monday as it takes on the Miami Dolphins.
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Daily sports headlines from across Gwinnett County, including high school, professional and college news.
- Twitter employee briefly shuts Trump account, putting controls in question
- Simona Halep ousted from 2017 WTA Finals by Elina Svitolina
- Japanese man arrested after parts of nine bodies found in home
- University of Utah students told to shelter in place amid reported shooting
- Winx makes it 22 straight - just - with Cox Plate win
- Daylight Saving Time Ends Sunday
- Linkin Park's Emotional Chester Bennington Tribute Song "Looking For An Answer"
- Music Launch: All You Should Know About Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar's Grand Event
- Massive World of Warcraft Diorama At BlizzCon Sets World Record
- Accidental Blast in Thermal Power Unit Kills at Least 20