The publishing house released a statement announcing Berganza's suspension and detailed how they are going to handle the issue saying, "DC Entertainment has immediately suspended Mr. Berganza and has removed him from performing his duties as Group Editor at DC Comics". "We are committed to eradicating harassment and ensuring that all employees, as well as our freelance community, are aware of our policies, are comfortable reporting any concerns and feel supported by our company".
Berganza had worked with the company since the early 1990s, as a writer on titles such as Superman, Batman/Superman, and Wednesday Comics and as an editor on many of DC's biggest launches of the past decade, including Justice League, Infinite Crisis, and Blackest Night. The article alleged that Berganza had been engaging in the behavior for years but rose through the comic book publisher's ranks despite his alleged actions. The woman herself later said she was too scared to report the coercion, but allegations surfaced in a Bleeding Cool article, which initially did not name Berganza.
All of the women who spoke to Buzzfeed regarding the allegations no longer work for DC Comics and one woman spoke anonymously due to the fact that her boyfriend still does work for the company.
Both Bush presidents bash 'blowhard' Donald Trump as unfit for the presidency
George HW Bush said he voted for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton , while his son told Mr Updegrove he did not vote for anyone. Bush have never been close to or openly amicable with President Donald Trump . "I don't like him".
According to Buzzfeed, Berganza "disappeared" from the office for several days after the blog post went live, and he apologized in an email to senior DC executives without denying that he had attacked a woman in 2012. But for many, many comic book creators and fans, that wasn't almost enough. Instead of being investigated, or fired, Berganaza was named executive editor later that same year. Eventually she and all of the other women involved in the group complaint left DC.
In response to this news DC said in a statement: 'DC and Warner Bros are unequivocally committed to cultivating a work environment of dignity and respect, one that is safe and harassment free for all employees'. "There will be a prompt and yet careful review into next steps as it relates to the allegations against him, and the concerns our talent, employees and fans have shared".
- Tunisia clinch World Cup spot after draw with Libya
- Key Passage in Carter Page Testimony before House Intelligence Committee
- JC Penney stock higher from a better results than expected
- Alibaba smashes Singles' Day records with 39% sales lift
- Trump on North Korea crisis: I'd never call Kim 'short and fat'
- Hitman is getting a TV series on Hulu streaming service
- Morocco is qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russian Federation
- Twitter suspends issuance of 'blue ticks' with immediate effect
- Blockbuster trade: Bucks acquire Eric Bledsoe from Phoenix
- New Netflix email scam targets subscriber credit card numbers