Competitors in the smart speaker space, meanwhile, are flooding the zone. Apple's HomePod is aware of how big the room is where it is being placed, and adjusts the sound accordingly for the best experience.
Besides the Amazon Echo, other smart speakers include the Google Home series, the Microsoft Invoke, and upcoming models expected from Samsung (using Bixby) and Sony.
"Last holiday season, smart speakers were huge, and this season they're going to be huge", O'Donnell said. "The market's getting more and more competitive". Journalists at the event got a hands-on opportunity with the speaker, with release set at the time for December. The tech giant announced the speaker in June at its annual developer conference.
Blockbuster trade: Bucks acquire Eric Bledsoe from Phoenix
Phoenix will receive Greg Monroe , a first-round pick and a second-round pick in return, according to Wojnarowski and Lowe. The Suns get Milwaukee's second-round pick next year if in the range of 48-60 overall.
Did you want to wow someone special in your life with a new Apple HomePod speaker for the holidays?
Apple's main pitch for its HomePod smart speakers was superior audio quality, but that advantage appears to be slipping: Sonos, which also pitches its speakers' audio quality for music lovers, now features support for the Alexa voice assistant. Apple meant to release the $349 HomePod in early December so it could be on holiday shopping lists and compete against Amazon's Echo and the Google Home speaker.
Apple issued an official statement to TechCrunch and other news outlets today saying that the release of the HomePod would be delayed until 2018.
- Tunisia clinch World Cup spot after draw with Libya
- Pink's Gleeful Carpool Karaoke Really Gets The Party Started For James Corden!
- Twitter suspends issuance of 'blue ticks' with immediate effect
- Hope Solo accuses former Federation Internationale de Football Association president of sexual assault
- Morocco is qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russian Federation
- Moody's ups India rating
- Washington demands that RT should register as foreign agent by November 13
- SA lose out on Rugby World Cup, France named hosts
- Qualcomm's Board Unanimously Rejects Broadcom Offer
- Meetings with Xi, Putin were productive - Rody