Guardiola has proved his pedigree time and again since then and rubber-stamped it with the scintillating start that his side has made to 2017-18.
He is the first City player to be named Premier League Player of the Month since close friend Raheem Sterling scooped the prize in August of last season. "Hopefully we can recover him because he is so important".
"With all the respect in the world to the players I played with, it would be much, much easier nowadays", he told the Daily Mail.
With whispering voices starting to mention the nickname "Fraudiola" and a burgeoning press opening up attack on City's manager, the honeymoon appeared well and truly over.
Sane scored three and assisted three in just three appearances for Manchester City in October
The Citizens have also netted an unprecedented 38 goals already this term, while they are currently on a 23-match unbeaten run in all competitions since losing to Arsenal in the FA Cup semi-finals last season. The international break is really boring, and on top of that I've been going through some stuff.
The Foxes are on a six-game unbeaten run in all competitions and 12th in the league. "I remember that last day of the window". There is a long, hard road ahead, with plenty of energetic challenges waiting to try and trip up Guardiola's thoroughbreds.
Leicester have a win and a draw in their last two home league games against City and Simpson believes that the team can extend that good run. "Definitely [Agüero will be available this weekend]".
5 players who don't deserve to be at Arsenal anymore
Cazorla has been posting regular updates on social media with him working out in the gym as he tries to complete his comeback. He takes half chances, he finishes well with both feet and I think now he is ready to be let loose.
- Morocco is qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russian Federation
- Guess Who's Now Performing at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show?
- Moody's ups India rating
- Twitter suspends issuance of 'blue ticks' with immediate effect
- Longtime DC Comics editor fired after sexual harassment allegations resurface
- Buffon retires from Italy duty after World Cup failure
- FDA approves first ever 'digital pill'
- Hope Solo accuses former Federation Internationale de Football Association president of sexual assault
- Lebanon's Hariri accepts invite to come to France - diplomat
- Magnitude-7.3 Quake Hits Iran-Iraq Border