On offense, the Saints, coming off a 298-yard rushing game last week, was held to 160 rushing yards this time. The Redskins pulled off a successful fake punt at their own 15-yard line and extended their lead to 24-13. Brees was 12 of 22 for 154 yards in the half, but his interception on the Saints' first series resulted in a Redskins field goal, a 38-yarder by Nick Rose.
The Saints' dynamic run game played a huge part - with Mark Ingram running the ball twice in overtime for 20 and 31 yards to set up the game-winning field goal and Alvin Kamara running in the game-tying 2-point conversion in the final minutes of regulation behind a great block by tight end Josh Hill. At all. After looking like a washed up team in the first two weeks of the season, the Saints have ripped off seven consecutive wins to catapult themselves to the top of the NFC South. They were up by 15 points with five minutes left in the game.
It hasn't helped that they lost cornerback Marshon Lattimore to an ankle injury on the opening drive.
US Senator Al Franken accused of sexual harassment
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Friday that there are no similarities between the Trump and Franken accusations. But Kayla Moore says her husband is exactly the kind of person who needs to be in the Senate.
New Orleans responded on their next possession with a 52-yard Wil Lutz field goal to tie it at 3. They faced no second-down plays on the drive and picked up yards in chunks of 17, 18, 29 and 18 yards. That was to be the highlight of the quarter. The drive that followed was capped by a 40-yard Cousins TD pass to Ryan Grant, who was all alone behind the coverage. Perine scored his first National Football League touchdown earlier in the game.
Kamara finished Sunday's game with eight carries for 42 yards along with six catches for 75 yards and a score.
A fourth quarter Saints field goal made it 24-16, but Washington responded with a touchdown that padded the lead to 31-16.
- SA lose out on Rugby World Cup, France named hosts
- Longtime DC Comics editor fired after sexual harassment allegations resurface
- FDA approves first ever 'digital pill'
- Hope Solo accuses former Federation Internationale de Football Association president of sexual assault
- McConnell Calls for Roy Moore to Drop Out of Senate Race
- Alibaba smashes Singles' Day records with 39% sales lift
- Aguero given all-clear to face Leicester City
- Rahul Gandhi set take over as Congress president on early December
- Qualcomm's Board Unanimously Rejects Broadcom Offer
- Having a pet dog can lower heart disease risk