"As many of you know I have been very active in overturning a number of actions" by his predecessor, Trump said in the White House Rose Garden.
The White House confirmed to The Hill that the two birds will be staying in the Willard Intercontinental Hotel, where rooms reportedly can cost between $200 to $3,500 per night. "He was a tough cookie".
Presidents like George H.W. Bush and Barack Obama have all participated in the annual tradition.
McConnell Calls for Roy Moore to Drop Out of Senate Race
But a Moore victory also would pose risks if he were to join the Senate GOP under a cloud of sexual misconduct allegations. Alabama will hold a special election on December 12 to fill the Senate seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions .
President Donald Trump is joined by girls from the Draper County, Minn., 4-H chapter (R), and First Lady Melania Trump and their son Barron, during the annual Thanksgiving Turkey Pardon in the Rose Garden in Washington on November 21, 2017.
MSNBC host Craig Melvin predicted shortly before the pardoning ceremony that reporters may shout out political questions at the event, such as Trump's stance allegations that GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore in the past pursued relationships and sexual encounters with underage girls. "So, thank you", he said.
Trump will depart the White House this afternoon to spend Thanksgiving in Florida.
A single lucky bird is spared the slaughterhouse and instead lives out the rest of its days in "Gobbler's Rest", a retirement home packed full with whatever it is that elderly turkeys require on a day-to-day basis.
- Hitman is getting a TV series on Hulu streaming service
- Apple HomePod's release delayed until 2018
- Having a pet dog can lower heart disease risk
- SA lose out on Rugby World Cup, France named hosts
- AT&T Acknowledges Cellular Service Outages Across the US
- OnePlus 5T to go on sale tomorrow
- US Senator Al Franken accused of sexual harassment
- Meetings with Xi, Putin were productive - Rody
- Pope Francis gets a special edition Lamborghini
- 5 players who don't deserve to be at Arsenal anymore