President Donald Trump pitched a new reality TV concept on Twitter Monday morning.
Stelter said Trump's tweet, whether by design or coincidence, "reads like an invitation to undemocratic regimes around the world to harass CNN journalists with the blessing of the US president".
This pursuit will not end at CNN, "no matter how many insults, or blatant assaults on the press and its freedom".
According to trump, broadcasting company FoxNews is more important in the USA than CNN, and beyond the state of the latter still remains a leading source of false information, to broadcast. While the president regularly dismisses their work as "fake", it's anything but. He also went on a vicious attack against CNN over the weekend.
LaVar Ball responds to Trump, wishes him a 'great Thanksgiving'
If there's anything the former reality star loves more than golfing at Mar-a-Lago, it's firing off ill-thought out tweets . He probably got to China by falling through the center of the Earth and popping out the other side". "That's not me.
Former presidential candidate Evan McMullin noted that Trump is lending a hand to authoritarian figures by attacking a network like CNN International.
This week, the Department of Justice challenged a merger between AT&T and Time Warner, which owns CNN.
This is not the first time Comey seems to have tacitly thrown his two cents in on the president's actions. But this time, CNN shut him down brutally.
Joe Scarborough ignored the president's message and instead thanked CNN for sending the message that America "still has a vibrant, free press".
In a morning tweet, Trump said the contest would include CNN but not include Fox News and would search for the network that was most "dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted" in their coverage of the presidency. Courts have held Trump's tweets are admissible and subject to scrutiny, and show animus.
- Florida teen wanted in connection with grandmother's death captured at Canadian border
- Rahul Gandhi set take over as Congress president on early December
- Trump To Hit The Links With Tiger After Turkey Call
- OnePlus 5T to go on sale tomorrow
- US Senator Al Franken accused of sexual harassment
- Aguero given all-clear to face Leicester City
- Arabs prepare for Iran Security Council face-off
- Aqib Talib ejected following first-quarter fight
- Kylie Jenner Pops New Seven Cosmetic Stores
- Guarantee safety of Kulbhushan Jadhav's wife, mother if they visit Pak