When she rebuffed him, he "forcibly" pulled her into the bathroom, where he pulled down her shirt, unbuckled his trousers and masturbated as he rubbed against her and then forced her hand on his penis, the lawsuit states.
"Essentially under the statute, if a US citizen goes to another country and uses force to entice a person to engage in a commercial sex act, they violate this law", Noble's told NBC News. The disgraced mogul, whose sexual misconduct scandal marked a turning point for Hollywood's casting-couch culture, is now facing a civil suit from a woman in the United Kingdom who claims he sexually harassed her in London. "He informed her that she needed to relax, and if she did, his people would have all of her details and would "take care of everything" for her".
The lawsuit, filed in NY, goes on to say that despite telling him to stop, he "forcibly pulled" her into the bathroom where he stripped and groped her, forcing her to perform sexual acts. She alleges that Weinstein sexually assaulted her in 2014 during the Cannes Film Festival.
The plaintiff's lawyer, Jeffrey Herman, said he knew of only one other case that attempted to use the law in a similar way but it failed to prove the underlying allegations, meaning the expanded interpretation of the law went untested.
At that point, Weinstein "pulled Kadian closer and groped her breasts" according to the suit, despite the plaintiff's protests.
Tennessee finalizing deal with Schiano
Get prep sports breaking news alerts from the Gwinnett Daily Post staff delivered to your email. Tennessee (4-8, 0-8 SEC) ended its season Saturday with a 42-24 loss to Vanderbilt.
The actress is seeking unspecified damages, accusing Weinstein of being able "to force or coerce" her into sexual activity by promising to wield influence in the film industry - and that it was a violation of sex trafficking statute.
Harvey Weinstein denies any allegations of non-consensual sex.
Weinstein also asked Kadian to "walk up and down the room for him" as part of an "audition", the lawsuit said.
Noble also was made to get on the phone with a person she was told was an executive she claims, with that man instructing her to be 'a good girl and do whatever he wished'. This referred to a woman who had sex with Harvey in exchange for a role or job in a project. "Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances". "It's a way to bring back from the dead lawsuits that were simply barred by the statute of limitations".
- India welcomes Ivanka Trump at business summit
- Avengers 4 to feature major character deaths
- Guarantee safety of Kulbhushan Jadhav's wife, mother if they visit Pak
- Epic Games defends lawsuit against 14-year-old for cheating
- Today, We May Learn How the FCC Plans to Destroy Net Neutrality
- London's Oxford Street and Bond Street underground stations reopen after incident
- Temperatures will soar into the 90s on Thanksgiving in Fontana
- Florida teen wanted in connection with grandmother's death captured at Canadian border
- Pakistan frees Mumbai attack mastermind from house arrest
- Lahore: Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Saeed walks free from house arrest