"I can't say that is 100 percent the case, but I got the indication Friday evening that our presentation was fantastic and that it might not be a flawless fit, " Yankees GM Brian Cashman said on Sunday night of a conversation he had with Ohtani's representatives. The meetings will be held in Los Angeles and are expected to include discussions with the Padres, Mariners, Giants, Rangers, Cubs and perhaps the Angels.
So unless Ohtani is going to demand he play an outfield spot when he isn't on the hill, one would conclude that the Mariners or Angels have the inside track on the 23-year-old's signature. I can't speak for them.
Brian Cashman, the Yankees general manager, revealed that Ohtani's representatives informed him that Ohtani, one of the most intriguing players to come out of Japan in more than a decade, will not choose the Yankees. The 23-year-old has until 11:59 p.m. EST on December 22 to agree to a contract with an Major League Baseball team.
Ohtani was put up for bid Friday by the Pacific League's Nippon Ham Fighters for the maximum $20 million posting fee.
The Red Sox had only $462,000 in bonus pool money left to offer Ohtani, an global amateur free agent. The Mariners now have $1.55 million available to offer, while only the Rangers ($3.53 million), reportedly eliminated Yankees ($3.5 million), Twins ($3.07 million) and Pirates ($2.26 million) have more.
The Rays got the disappointing word Sunday night that they were eliminated from the competition to sign Japanese two-way sensation Shohei Ohtani. Ohtani-mania, however, appears will not be coming to Denver unless he is sitting in the visitor's dugout or bullpen.
Epic Games defends lawsuit against 14-year-old for cheating
Epic Games explained that this means the visuals of the game will be similar to the PC version when it is set to epic quality. She has addressed the court directly through a letter , which attacks Epic's handling of the case on a number of grounds.
- Jimbo Fisher resigns at Florida State
- First lady goes with classic, traditional Christmas decor
- USA media icons Matt Lauer and Garrison Keillor fired in sex scandals
- Apple Rolls Out iOS 11.1.1 Update which Removes Two Annoying Bugs
- Former Trump aide Flynn pleads guilty to lying about Russian Federation links
- Trump plans to replace Tillerson with Pompeo
- Frost to be introduced as Nebraska head coach
- Trump Says He's Not Worried About What Flynn Will Tell Investigators
- We never proposed to make Donald Trump Person of the Year
- DC Archdiocese Sues Metro for Rejecting Christmas Ads