The distance between the Earth and the moon is not constant because of the oval orbit of the Moon and hence it keeps on comes closer as well as reaches the farthest point. As a result, the moon appears to be up to 14 percent larger and 30 percent brighter during a supermoon.
Dr Griffin said that early risers today could catch the moon starting to go out of sight about 7.10am, between the west and southwest.
The supermoon rises behind the mountain range seen from Naypyitaw, Myanmar, Sunday, Dec. 3, 2017.
Last year, the supermoon was spotted over other famous Buffalo landmarks including Shark Girl, the Richardson Olmsted Complex and Buffalo City Hall.
Dave Doeren, North Carolina State Reportedly Agree to New Contract Extension
Tennessee has already been turned down by multiple coaches as the university searches for a replacement for Butch Jones . State officials announced the new agreement with Doeren, pending approval from the school's Board of Trustees on Friday.
Tom Kerss, an astronomer at Royal Observatory Greenwich, said the exact moment of full moon - when the moon sits opposite the sun in the sky, which was 3.47pm (10.47am ET) today in the United Kingdom.
See you in January, Supermoon!
Regular observers of the full moon may notice the difference between a regular full moon and a supermoon, but sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference.
The January 31 supermoon will also be the second Full Moon of the month, often referred to as the "Blue Moon", which happen every two and a half years, on average. NASA says with the total eclipse, it will be a royal spectacle indeed, a "super blue blood" Moon.
- Three get death sentence for rape, murder of minor
- Trump Says He's Not Worried About What Flynn Will Tell Investigators
- London's Oxford Street and Bond Street underground stations reopen after incident
- DC Archdiocese Sues Metro for Rejecting Christmas Ads
- We never proposed to make Donald Trump Person of the Year
- USA media icons Matt Lauer and Garrison Keillor fired in sex scandals
- Frost to be introduced as Nebraska head coach
- First flu-related death of the season hits Edmonton
- Former Trump aide Flynn pleads guilty to lying about Russian Federation links
- Irish foreign minister says Brexit border breakthrough possible today