Gareth Bale scored with his first touch after coming off the bench to strike the Real Madrid victor as the European champions survived a scare to beat local side Al Jazira 2-1 on Wednesday and reach the Club World Cup final.
Real thought they'd equalised on the half hour mark through Brazilian midfielder Casemiro.
Achraf Hakimi committed to a tackle but lost out, leaving Al-Jazira with two players heading through clean on goal.
The woodwork came to Al Jazira's rescue once again in the 69th minute as Benzema's deflected effort from distance crashed against the upright.
This will be Madrid's third final in the last four editions (2014 and 2016) and they will be gunning for their third Club World Cup title.
Gus Malzahn sends warm SEC welcome to Chad Morris on Twitter
The Razorbacks promoted Hatfield's offensive coordinator, Jack Crowe, who had not been a head coach in more than a decade. Morris emerged as Arkansas' pick to replace Bret Bielema after Auburn's Gus Malzahn turned down the Hogs last weekend.
The victory put Zinedine Zidane's side into Saturday's decider against Copa Libertadores winners Gremio, who beat CONCACAF representatives Pachuca in Tuesday's first semifinal, although the main memory from the game will be how they struggled to put away the Dubai-based hosts despite dominating possession completely.
"Obviously it was great to get the goal", Bale said.
Al Jazira took a shock lead during the clash, with the victor looking to book a place in the final against Gremio.
The Wales global had only played 30 minutes in the past three months.
"I don't like the VAR to be honest", Bale said when asked about how play had been regularly stopped to allow the officials to review incidents.
- White House: Trump's throat 'was dry'
- Alita: Battle Angel Trailer
- Matt Lauer's Name Is Google's Second-Most Searched Term In America
- Russia, India, China foreign ministers meet concludes in New Delhi
- John Mayer Hospitalized For Emergency Appendectomy
- Trump to start process of sending Americans back to moon: White House
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah named African footballer of the year
- Zaira yelled only during descent: Vistara sources on alleged harassment
- Amazon Prime Video Features On Apple TV
- YouTube Will Launch New Music Streaming Service in 2018