Rodgers' side had equalled the 100-year record set by Willie Maley's Celtic team after drawing with Kilmarnock, and the manager told the BBC: "First of all, I need to give credit to Hearts".
"We weren't so good today, we made too many mistakes to warrant getting a result".
Ex-Rangers striker Lafferty doubled Hearts' advantage ten minutes later when he ran clean through and drove home off the post.
The Hoops could extend the gap to five points if they win their game in hand.
Central Intelligence Agency helped Russian Federation halt terrorist attack
Trump told the Russian president that U.S. intelligence was pleased to assist in preventing a terror attack in St. The Kremlin said it led Russia's top domestic security agency to a group of suspects that planned to bomb St.
Rodgers gathered his players on the Tynecastle pitch at full-time and urged the Scottish Premiership leaders to use the frustration of defeat as fuel for another long unbeaten run.
The last time Celtic lost a game in Scotland the idea of Donald Trump being president of America was still just a joke. To have gone through 69 games and this to be their first defeat; of course it's a sore one when you are beaten like that but they can hold their heads up.
"They have been absolutely unbelievable over those 18 months".
"Our identity as a team is to defend well first of all", the Celtic boss said. It is an exciting group of players, whose technical ability is not in doubt, but Levein admits that, physically, they are not ready for the Ladbrokes Premiership.
There has been a sense that Celtic have been hanging on to their undefeated run by a thread for several weeks now.
- Double hundred is an anniversary gift to my wife: Rohit Sharma
- Esty defends Gillibrand, calls Trump tweet a "sexist attack"
- New Report Says US is Healthiest and Least Healthy States
- Could human remains in Montana shed be missing MI brothers?
- Russia, India, China foreign ministers meet concludes in New Delhi
- Heavy Snow spreads across UK
- Chelsea must secure top-four finish, says Conte
- 'Ready Player One': Explore the OASIS in Thrilling New Trailer
- Muhammad Wilkerson won't travel for Jets at Saints
- Trump slams 'fake news media', wants some reporters to be fired