Although Musk quickly deleted the tweet, many of his millions of followers and journalists were able to grab his phone number.
Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk committed a mistake on Twitter, divulging his cell phone number to his more than 16.7 million followers. And his message immediately raised speculation about just why he was giving Carmack his personal cell phone number. Listen to the message here (the first few seconds of the clip), as Musk has likely disconnected the now very public number. The tweet was directed at John Carmack, the chief technology officer of Oculus, Facebook's virtual reality subsidiary, but Musk posted it so that anyone could see it.
As for why Musk wanted to talk to Carmack - well, that's anyone's guess.
Salvation Army Kettle Campaign $5 Million Behind Target
This year, the Angel Tree program was able to help the Betty Austin family, who lost their home in a fire in November. If the Salvation Army doesn't hit its goal of $183,000 by December 31, its ability to help next year could be hurt.
"By the Gods you've done it", the message begins.
Elon Musk now operates his own electric self-driving auto company called Tesla and he might be wanting to incorporate the same technology into his vehicles.
'Somehow you've found your way here to me.
Facebook, who acquired Oculus in 2014, said Carmack isn't looking to leave the company, Bloomberg reported. Instead, CNBC reports, what callers hear is actually a recorded message from the God of War video games (the message is from a hidden number for players in the game).
- New Report Says US is Healthiest and Least Healthy States
- Generated 'Harry Potter' Chapter Wins the Internet
- Bigg Boss 11: Arrest warrant issued for Arshi Khan
- Trump administration reportedly prohibits CDC from using words like 'transgender,' 'fetus'
- Chain migration didn't light the NY pipe bomb
- Celtic's 69-game Unbeaten Run Ends In 4-0 Rout At Hearts
- Double hundred is an anniversary gift to my wife: Rohit Sharma
- Virginia House Dems to vote on would-be speaker
- Could human remains in Montana shed be missing MI brothers?
- Muhammad Wilkerson won't travel for Jets at Saints