The work will involve putting in sea defences to protect the first, ninth and 18th holes of the course covering about 600m at the south end of Doughmore Bay and 250m at the north end.
Doonbeg is suffering erosion at a rate of one metre a year, while in a "bad storm" it can lose 10m, Michael O'Sullivan, responsible for coastal protection at the Doonbeg resort said at the time.
The local county council's move to approve the sea walls at Trump International Golf Links can be appealed to the country's national planning authority.
Our Massive Wine Glasses Are Out Of Control
They theorize the increase in size was linked to a growing appreciation of wine varieties-and glasses tailor-made to feature them. A further influence on wine glass size may have come both from those running bars and restaurants, as well as their consumers.
Ireland has permitted the businessman and US President to build two scaled-down sea barriers to protect his Doonbeg golf course in Ireland.
"Trump Doonbeg will continue to engage with all stakeholders throughout the construction process".
The director of Friends of the Irish Environment, Tony Lowes, said that the wall if constructed will have a huge impact on the shape of the beach which needs space to evolve. "You can't ignore [the fact that] the owner in this case is so notorious but the concerns were there long before he bought the course", Green party leader Eamon Ryan said, the Guardian reported. "We very much understand that there are a lot of local jobs involved from the golf course, but we believe that they could be protected by working with nature, rather than trying to control the natural system".
TGIL will have to monitor the impact on beach users, local wildlife and maintain a surfers' right of way as part of the planning conditions. Interestingly, the original application cited "global warming and its effects" - something Trump has referred to as a "hoax" - to justify the wall's construction.
Trump Hotels said it estimated that 15-20m of dune face at the edge of the golf course has been eroded since 2002.
- Trump administration reportedly prohibits CDC from using words like 'transgender,' 'fetus'
- Man shot in leg after threatening staff with knife at Amsterdam airport
- Jazz Center Rudy Gobert Expected to Miss One Month
- Google's Chrome Will Start Removing "Failing" Ads In February
- Celtic's 69-game Unbeaten Run Ends In 4-0 Rout At Hearts
- Elon Musk accidentally Tweets his personal mobile number to 16 million people
- Vikings-Bengals game pits Zimmer v. ex-boss
- Tillerson: N. Korea must stop 'threatening behavior' before talks can begin
- Bigg Boss 11: Arrest warrant issued for Arshi Khan
- Dave Chappelle pities 'poor white' Trump voters in new Netflix special