A Los Angeles Department bomb squad responded to a Bel-Air neighborhood Saturday night due to a suspicious package addressed to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin received a package over the weekend, but what was inside was less than festive.
LAPD West Los Angeles Area Watch Commander Rob Weise reported that Mnuchin was not forced to evacuate his home.
A Los Angeles Police Department spokesman said that the call turned out to be a false alarm, adding that the package was filled with horse manure.
Teacher gets bottle of wine from parents with student's face on label
A couple from Dayton, Ohio made a decision to get their son's elementary school teachers a special Christmas gift this year. The image of the bottles, which were handed out to some 10 teachers, have gone since gone viral on Twitter .
Police eventually determined the package did not contain an explosive device, and the scene was cleared around 9:30 p.m. PT. Fearing the worst, the Secret Service also became involved in the incident.
The package label said the givers were "The American People". He was inside his home at the time.
Mnuchin's wife, Linton, largely sparked a widespread inquiry into Trump administration officials improperly using government-funded private planes when she shared an Instagram picture in August returning from that trip to Kentucky, bragging about her high-end Rouland Mouret trousers, Tom Ford sunglasses, Valentino high heels and Hermes scarf.
- Salvation Army Kettle Campaign $5 Million Behind Target
- Fired worker arrested in Lambeau Field disturbance
- Muhammad Wilkerson won't travel for Jets at Saints
- Dave Chappelle pities 'poor white' Trump voters in new Netflix special
- Man shot in leg after threatening staff with knife at Amsterdam airport
- Celtic's 69-game Unbeaten Run Ends In 4-0 Rout At Hearts
- President Trump just commuted his first sentence - here's what we know
- Could human remains in Montana shed be missing MI brothers?
- Central Intelligence Agency helped Russian Federation halt terrorist attack
- California Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest Level Since 1970s