Home security company "Blink" was founded in 2014, and now sells a small connected security camera and a connected doorbell.
Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Blink is best known for its wireless security cameras which originally launched on Kickstarter before quickly receiving over $1 million in funding. Its devices run on AA lithium batteries and are created to go anywhere from outside a home to the kitchen counter. One camera unit sells for $99 on Amazon.
Blink devices even tend to cost less than those from rivals like Ring, as the new battery-powered doorbell only costs $100 while offering numerous same options.
On Thursday, Blink said that it would continue operating as a part of Amazon and will be selling the same products that it already does. "We're excited to welcome their team and invent together on behalf of customers".
Package of manure sent to Steve Mnuchin's Bel-Air home, LAPD says
Police eventually determined the package did not contain an explosive device, and the scene was cleared around 9:30 p.m. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin received a package over the weekend , but what was inside was less than festive.
Amazon shares are down 0.3%.
Amazon is already a leader in both online shopping and physical logistics, but it is increasingly trying to meld the online and offline worlds. Now in late December of 2017, Amazon's officially purchased the company. Blink's technology is a natural fit for these ambitions.
As with any new technology, the key question is whether people will accept it. Blink has obviously tried to brand its wireless security cameras as friendly and comforting, rather than another intrusion into our private lives.
Amazon thrush into connected home devices that began in 2014 with its device "Echo", the smart speaker those banks on voice recognition for answering questions and to perform things like ordering Uber rides.
- Celtic's 69-game Unbeaten Run Ends In 4-0 Rout At Hearts
- Trump administration reportedly prohibits CDC from using words like 'transgender,' 'fetus'
- California Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest Level Since 1970s
- Ireland gives Trump golf course green light for scaled-down sea wall
- Salvation Army Kettle Campaign $5 Million Behind Target
- Jazz Center Rudy Gobert Expected to Miss One Month
- Coinbase halts Bitcoin Cash transactions over insider trading fears
- Trump Travel Ban Dealt Blow by San Francisco Appeals Court
- Fired worker arrested in Lambeau Field disturbance
- Could human remains in Montana shed be missing MI brothers?