It's still not clear why Assange's account went away to begin with, though - as noted below - the nature of its non-appearance suggested at the time that it was a manual deletion rather than an account suspension.
The official Wikileaks Twitter account, which in the past has appeared to be directly controlled by Assange, is still up and running.
Still, the internet being the internet, many speculated darkly about Assange's disappearance from one of his favorite online media.
Julian Assange's Twitter account is missing.
The big mystery may be that Assange (or whomever else has the keys to his account) accidentally clicked something and didn't realize it until later.
Late on Christmas Eve Julian Assange's official Twitter account appears to have been deleted.
"#JulianAssange has been deleted off of twitter". There was no confirmation that Assange was authoring that alternative account - and that account has now been suspended by Twitter. The Wikileaks boss is getting a lot of love on Twitter, too.
The mysterious disappearance - and re-appearance - of the account proved even more weird when the U.S. Navy on Christmas morning mistakenly tweeted out Assange's full name, in quotes, and nothing else.
Camera IconJulian Assange, pictured in the window of the Ecuadorean Embassy in London where he has taken political asylum since 2012.
UPDATED Dec. 25, 2017, 4:11 p.m. ET with Twitter's response to our comment request.
Central Intelligence Agency helped Russian Federation halt terrorist attack
Trump told the Russian president that U.S. intelligence was pleased to assist in preventing a terror attack in St. The Kremlin said it led Russia's top domestic security agency to a group of suspects that planned to bomb St.
- Coinbase halts Bitcoin Cash transactions over insider trading fears
- Teacher gets bottle of wine from parents with student's face on label
- Google's Chrome Will Start Removing "Failing" Ads In February
- Fired worker arrested in Lambeau Field disturbance
- Muslim board rejects Triple Talaq Bill
- 'Phony Hillary Clinton Investigation': Trump Smears Retiring FBI Deputy Director
- Jazz Center Rudy Gobert Expected to Miss One Month
- India vs Sri Lanka, 3rd ODI: Rohit Sharma departs
- Vikings-Bengals game pits Zimmer v. ex-boss
- Elon Musk accidentally Tweets his personal mobile number to 16 million people