Users are discovering posts from accounts they do not follow added to their Instagram feed automatically. The company explains on its help site that it determines which content to suggest based on the stuff that is "liked" by the accounts you choose to follow. Instagram will show three to five suggested posts in the new section.
It is worth noting that with the introduction of the "recommended posts", Instagram has done away with the chronological feed.
The "Recommended for You" option lets the users see recommendations on the basis of the posts liked by the accounts they follow. However, they were not pushed to the users' home feed.
We're not seeing these in our Instagram feed yet, but we expect them to appear soon.
People stuck on rides at Disneyland because of power outage
Disneyland was affected by a power outage that has left passengers stranded on rides. Several rides, along with the monorail , came to a halt with guests still aboard.
No Instagram I don't want "recommended posts" on my feed. Sharing a unique coupon code or special promotion offer on Instagram can also be very helpful. However, the addition of recommended content on the home feed is perhaps one of the biggest changes since the platform chose to switch its feed from chronological to algorithmic. "You can choose to temporarily hide Recommended for You posts". Most recently it has launched an fantastic feature which allows users to follow hashtag instead of only people. You will see different hashtags displayed in your search result along with related accounts. "I follow the accounts I follow for a reason", Tweeted by a user called Bella. Nonetheless, Instagram has already started rolling out the new update and it's just a matter of time before you start seeing it on your feed.
'Now it's even easier to stay connected with the interests, hobbies, passions and communities you care about'.
Instagram is also working on several other new features, and reportedly inviting people to test the beta version of its Android and iOS apps. IM LOOKING AT YOU, @instagram! clear up my feed. The recommended content is, however, not optional and there is no way you can disable it.
- South Korea moves to curb speculation in cryptocurrency trading
- Firefox for Fire TV negates Google's move to block YouTube access
- Jodie Whittaker makes first appearance as Doctor Who
- Package of manure sent to Steve Mnuchin's Bel-Air home, LAPD says
- Muslim board rejects Triple Talaq Bill
- Amazon Acquires Blink, Maker of Wi-Fi Security Cameras and Video Doorbell
- Trump Travel Ban Dealt Blow by San Francisco Appeals Court
- Liverpool agree deal to sign Virgil van Dijk from Southampton for £75m
- President Trump just commuted his first sentence - here's what we know
- Jack Wilshere admits Arsenal were 'scared' of Liverpool before mounting Emirates comeback