Coldest readings will likely occur in far west and far southern counties Sunday evening through noon Monday (grey-shaded area on the highlighted map). This is because the breezy winds combined with the cold air will create wind chill vales that go from 0 to -10.
Temperatures tomorrow will remain at or below 0 all day with a NW wind 5-10 miles per hour creating wind chills of -15 to -25 throughout the day. Wind chills will stay below zero during the day, possibly as cold as -20 at times. Brisk northwest breezes throughout the day will keep wind chills no better than the single digits by afternoon, an impressively cold feat even for the beginning of winter. With wind chills from -10 to -20 Sunday and Monday morning, frost bite will be possible on exposed skin within 30 minutes.
A Wind Chill Warning is in place for Saturday night - Monday morning for wind chill values of -30 to -50 degrees. Be sure to take extra precaution by covering exposed skin, wearing extra layers, a coat, and gloves.
It's been an unseasonably cold but also a mostly dry pattern since Christmas Day, but snow lovers finally got a little snow to enjoy on Saturday. Not only a record cold morning, but a record cold high temperature as well.
The National Weather Service has highs in the single digits to low teens through Friday, and lows in the single digits below and above zero.
Wed: Hi: 25 Lo: 3 Mostly sunny. Wind: NE 5-10. High: 12.
California Highway Patrol officer dies, another injured in crash
Sanchez said the driver was coming home from a party, where "he had obviously had too much to drink and maybe too much to smoke". Banners at the Capitol will be flown at half-staff in the fallen officer's respect, as indicated by an announcement from Gov.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Wind chills from -10 to -20. Skies will remain mostly sunny as the cold but quiet weather pattern continues through the first half of the first week of 2018.
Tue: High: 23 Low: 0 Sunny.
Sat: High: 44 Low: 20 Partly cloudy.
Tuesday: Sunny, high near 13.
Wednesday: Partly sunny, high near 15.
- Amazon Acquires Blink, Maker of Wi-Fi Security Cameras and Video Doorbell
- Fired worker arrested in Lambeau Field disturbance
- Package of manure sent to Steve Mnuchin's Bel-Air home, LAPD says
- Julian Assange's Twitter account goes quiet
- California Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest Level Since 1970s
- South Korea moves to curb speculation in cryptocurrency trading
- Dave Chappelle pities 'poor white' Trump voters in new Netflix special
- Tiger goes past 173 crore in 5 days!
- New details about RHONY star Luann de Lesseps' arrest revealed
- Four things you need to know about flu season