In a trading statement, GoPro said its Karma drone would be the last one it would make. Following Monday's windfall, GoPro short sellers have now made a total of $42.5 million betting against the company this year. "There's significant demand for GoPro at the right price", Woodman said.
GoPro will discontinue its Karma drone and exit the category. On January 7, GoPro lowered the price of its premium model, HERO6 Black from Dollars 499 to USD 399. GoPro will sell its remaining Karma drone inventory and continue to provide service and support to existing owners but once the current inventory is gone, it'll be game over for the aerial division.
Chelsea close in on Everton's Ross Barkley
Everton midfielder Ross Barkley is expected to have a medical at Chelsea on Friday before a £15m move to Stamford Bridge. Ross Barkley now looks more likely than ever to be a Chelsea player by the end of the month, according to Ladbrokes.
In its statement today, GoPro also cited the hard regulatory regimes in the USA and Europe as the reason why it doesn't think the drone market will be lucrative in the long term. "We entered the new year with strong sell-through and are excited with our hardware and software roadmap".
In the years since its 2014 initial public offering, formerly high-flying GoPro has sharply narrowed its vision and held several rounds of layoffs.
He hoped the actions would return the firm to profitability in the second half of 2018.
"If there are opportunities for us to scale awareness of GoPro globally by being part of a bigger company, that's something that we would entertain", CEO Nick Woodman told CNBC Monday morning. But GoPro saw its sales slump in 2016 as companies began flooding the market with cheaper, sometimes, comparable alternatives to the GoPro.
- One tourist killed, 12 injured in air balloon crash in Egypt
- Katrina overwhelmed by the success of Tiger Zinda Hai
- Golden Globes 2018 most savage moment?: 'Shame on him'
- Sony to refresh their processors for its mid-range Xperia phones
- Donald Trump Doubles Down on 'Stable Genius' Tweet at Camp David
- Bison receiver Shepherd hits rare 'home run' against James Madison defense
- Sears, Kmart closing another 103 stores
- Jon Gruden has $100 million reasons to coach the Raiders again
- Apple: Mac and iPhone both affected by big chip vulnerability
- Critical Need for Donors — American Red Cross