It certainly looks like the New England Patriots will be losing their defensive coordinator. The New England Patriots defensive coordinator was thought to be a sure-thing to end up the Detroit Lions head coach, according reports. Their first two titles were headlined by one of the greatest defensive players in National Football League history, linebacker Lawrence Taylor, who was supported by the likes of Giants legends like Carl Banks, Harry Carson and George Martin.
Patricia, 43, as the Daily News has written a few times the last couple days, is not a done deal to the Detroit Lions as several reports had claimed coming out of his interviews last weekend with the Giants, Lions and Cardinals (oh my).
All signs pointed to Patricia taking over in Detroit, where he interviewed with during New England's postseason bye week.
In those six years heading the defense, Patricia has helped the Patriots win a pair of Super Bowls and make the AFC title game each year. He joined the Patriots in 2004 as offensive assistant.
Google Doodle Celebrates Scientist Har Gobind Khorana, Who Helped Better Understand DNA
Popular search engine Google also designed its homepage on Tuesday dedicated to the scientist on his birth anniversary. His death was announced by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where he was a professor emeritus.
"The Giants are conducting their sixth and final interview with former Broncos RB coach Eric Studesville on Wednesday, but the feeling is Patricia and the Giants may have found themselves a flawless match, " the Daily News's Pat Leonard wrote.
The former RPI offensive lineman graduated with an aeronautical engineering degree and as Pat Leonard of the Daily News wrote, "A rocket scientist has blasted his way into the lead to be the Giants' next head coach".
Aside from Patricia, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and linebackers coach Brian Flores also drew interest from other teams. But background work has and can be done to hire head coaches, with an official announcement to come quickly once a candidate is done in a previous job.
If the Giants elect to hire Patricia, they will need to have a plan in place for offensive coordinator.
- Jon Gruden unveils new Raiders coordinators
- Arsenal, Coquelin agree Valencia terms: announcement imminent
- Climate Changes Change Sex Of Great Barrier Reef Turtles
- Powerful Earthquake in Caribbean Prompts Tsunami Warnings
- Bison receiver Shepherd hits rare 'home run' against James Madison defense
- Senate Democrats To Force Vote On Net Neutrality
- New Trailer for Red Sparrow, Starring Jennifer Lawrence
- Sears, Kmart closing another 103 stores
- Donald Trump Doubles Down on 'Stable Genius' Tweet at Camp David
- GoPro cuts 20 per cent of jobs, exits drone group