The magnitude 7.6 natural disaster struck near the coast of Honduras, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, USGS, which registered it at 20:50 local time on Tuesday.
"Amazing trip to #Cancun ended last night with our condo shaking like insane as a result of an quake off the coast of Honduras", Rempel shares on Instagram next to a stunning beach shot showing white sand and crystal blue water from the window of the condo they were staying in.
The warnings for the disaster-hit countries were short lived.
The USGS said, "The Great Swan Island, Honduras quake occurred as the result of strike slip faulting in the shallow crust near the boundary between the North America and Caribbean plates".
China's Huawei says flagship smartphone will not be sold by USA carriers
The Wall Street Journal and The Verge both reported that AT&T backed out of the deal for some unknown reason. Huawei has denied these allegations for years now, but it looks like AT&T was unwilling to take the risk.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said a tsunami advisory was in effect for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands after the natural disaster and warned of possible waves up to 1 meter (3 feet) above tide level.
The tsunami warning were in effect for two hours and then the advisories were withdrawn.
The quake was.6 magnitude larger than the 7.0 natural disaster that devastated Haiti in 2010.
The Swan Island quake was one of the strongest to strike the Caribbean since recordkeeping began. There were no early reports of injuries or damage on the land. The tremor occurred about 6 miles (10 kilometers) below the surface.
- Pats DC Matt Patricia reportedly prefers Giants head coaching job
- Netanyahu: UN Palestinian refugee agency 'must disappear'
- Donald Trump Doubles Down on 'Stable Genius' Tweet at Camp David
- Climate Changes Change Sex Of Great Barrier Reef Turtles
- Britain's Princess Charlotte starts nursery school
- New Trailer for Red Sparrow, Starring Jennifer Lawrence
- Golden Globes 2018 most savage moment?: 'Shame on him'
- Senate Democrats To Force Vote On Net Neutrality
- Fire breaks out in Trump Tower - Fire Dept.
- Bison receiver Shepherd hits rare 'home run' against James Madison defense