Residents across NY may experience some flooding as the freezing rain and melting snow hits, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office is urging citizens to take precautions in case that occurs.
Winter storm watch in effect from Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon. The possible floods stem from the combination of heavy rain (one to three inches) and melting snow. This will lead to possible sidewalks and roads icing up ahead of the snowfall.
Phase 1 (Through Thursday): A southward dip in the jet stream will eventually pivot out of the West into the Plains states as fresh Arctic air plunges south. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS. A Winter Storm Watch for blizzard conditions means there is a potential for falling and/or blowing snow with strong winds and extremely poor visibilities. Following that, there will be a slight chance of snow after noon, the weather service said. Blowing and drifting is possible on Marias Pass. Totals over a foot are likely in the higher terrain.
Fire breaks out in Trump Tower - Fire Dept.
At least one firefighter suffered minor injuries after being hit by debris before being transported to the hospital. Starting around 7 a.m., smoke billowed from one corner of the building for a while before most of it dissipated.
Friday: Mostly sunny, high near 22.
Forecast guidance is suggesting a second area of low pressure will develop later this week in association with Winter Storm Hunter.
Friday-Friday night: Snow, or rain changing to snow, could extend from the mid-Mississippi Valley into the Ohio Valley and Great Lakes. We will have partly to mostly cloudy skies with snow showers. On top of some ice accumulation, several inches of snow could fall, especially across the northern Highland Rim. This will change to an icy mix Friday night.
- California mudslides: At least 13 killed, thousands evacuated
- New Trailer for Red Sparrow, Starring Jennifer Lawrence
- CNN Cuts Off White House Senior Adviser Stephen Miller, Moves to Commercial
- Sears, Kmart closing another 103 stores
- The Racial Inequality in Cancer Deaths
- Bison receiver Shepherd hits rare 'home run' against James Madison defense
- Jon Gruden unveils new Raiders coordinators
- Netanyahu: UN Palestinian refugee agency 'must disappear'
- President Trump's border wall coming to Laredo?
- Trump Ends Protection From Deportation for 200000 Salvadorans