That year, he had 1,045 yards and seven touchdowns on 89 receptions as the Crimson Tide won the national championship over Clemson. Harris averaged a sizzling 7.4 yards per carry this past season and scored 11 touchdowns.
Alabama's quest to repeat as national champions will have to go on without a handful of key underclassmen who have opted to forgo their senior seasons to enter the NFL draft.
Scarbrough appeared poised for a breakout year after finishing his sophomore season with big games, including a 180-yard performance against Washington in the playoff semifinals. Scarbrough rushed for 596 yards and 8 touchdowns. WalterFootball.com ranks is the No. 1 ranked wide receiver in the 2018 draft class.
Trump Ends Protection From Deportation for 200000 Salvadorans
Trump said in September that he was ending Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, but gave Congress until March to act. The Center for American Progress estimates that the Salvadoran TPS holders in Texas have about 42,500 USA citizen children.
CBSSports.com had Harris ranked as the 35th best prospect in the NFL Draft - a projection just outside of the first round - and as the fifth-best running back.
Calvin Ridley's leaping grab on 4th-and-4 to tie the CFP Championship game late in the fourth quarter will forever go down as the one of the most important plays in Alabama Football history.
With Ridley off to the NFL, Alabama will turn to a talented crop of freshman receivers, including Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs and DeVonta Smith, who caught the game-winning touchdown against Georgia. "As a child, all of my dreams involved playing football, and it deeply saddens me that I can't play anymore".
The younger Nix is a 6-2, 194-pounder from the Birmingham, Ala., suburb of Pinson.
- China's Huawei says flagship smartphone will not be sold by USA carriers
- Britain's Princess Charlotte starts nursery school
- Trump doesn't seem to know the words to the National Anthem
- Winter weather event possible for Coffee County Friday night, NWS says
- Senate Democrats To Force Vote On Net Neutrality
- GoPro cuts 20 per cent of jobs, exits drone group
- Camila Cabello Was 'Definitely Hurt' By Fifth Harmony's VMAs Shade!
- Rep. Darrell Issa will not run for another term
- Google Doodle Celebrates Scientist Har Gobind Khorana, Who Helped Better Understand DNA
- John Dickerson Likely To Take Charlie Rose Chair On 'CBS This Morning'