Tim Moore, IHS Markit's associate director, said: "The UK construction sector achieved a moderate expansion of business activity at the end of 2017, although the recovery remained uneven and slowed overall since November".
Jobs growth quickened to the fastest since September and stronger than the series trend. The seasonally adjusted IHS Markit final US Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index registered 55.1 in December, up from 53.9 in November.
Meanwhile, the manufacturing PMI reached a maximum of five years in December, because of the increase in hiring although it stood at 48.8, compared to 48.9 the previous month. The growth in the sector was attributed to improved demand conditions in sectors like information & communications and finance & insurance. The upturn in outstanding business accelerated and was the quickest since October 2015. "This, in turn, drove a further rise in employment and higher input and output prices".
"However, the sector continues to face some turbulence as delayed customer payments contributed to greater volumes of outstanding work", Aashna Dodhia, Economist at IHS Markit and author of the report said.
Climate Changes Change Sex Of Great Barrier Reef Turtles
Using a combination of endocrinology and genetic tests, researchers identified the turtles' sex and nesting origin. The increasing rate shows that the place will have only female turtles in the near future.
Business confidence remained robust in December, with manufacturers reporting the second-highest level of optimism since January 2016.
Those companies included in the report were broadly positive about the outlook for the year ahead with business sentiment rising to a three-month high.
"A key development to watch out for in 2018 is the potential advent of accelerating inflation", said Larry Hatheway, chief economist at GAM.
"The strongest pace of improvement was in the intermediate goods category, followed closely by investment goods, with PMI readings at eighty-two month highs in both cases", the group said.
- China's Huawei says flagship smartphone will not be sold by USA carriers
- Britain's Princess Charlotte starts nursery school
- Jon Gruden unveils new Raiders coordinators
- Trump Ends Protection From Deportation for 200000 Salvadorans
- Senate Democrats To Force Vote On Net Neutrality
- Winter weather event possible for Coffee County Friday night, NWS says
- Rep. Darrell Issa will not run for another term
- Golden Globes 2018 most savage moment?: 'Shame on him'
- The Falcon Heavy rocket will be one of SpaceX's biggest tests yet
- John Dickerson Likely To Take Charlie Rose Chair On 'CBS This Morning'