The Honda Accord was named North American Car of the Year (NACOY), the Lincoln Navigator was named North American Truck of the Year (NATOY), and the Volvo XC60 was named North American Utility of the Year. On the auto side, the all-new Accord beat out the Kia Stinger and Toyota Camry.
Volvo's redesigned 2018 XC60 reigned supreme over the also-redesigned Honda Odyssey and all-new Alfa Romeo Stelvio. Competitors in this class included members of the Lincoln's own extended family in the form of the Ford Expedition and Chevrolet's excellent off-roader, the Colorado ZR2.
Since 1994, the Detroit auto show has recognized the North American Car/Truck of the Year, with the winners voted upon by a jury of 60 automotive industry journalists from across the US and Canada. The utility category is specifically for car-based crossovers and minivans.
Julian Assange diplomatic status bid rejected by UK
The Ecuadorean newspaper El Universo reported Wednesday that Assange is now listed on a registry of the nation's citizens. The problem for Mr Assange taking up Ecuador's offer of asylum has been getting to the South American country.
The three awards were presented at the Detroit Auto Show.
2018 marks the third year the panel has opted to have a separate utility category.
The Lincoln Navigator is shown in a promotional image. Only new or substantially changed models were eligible for the award, with judges considering innovation, design, safety, driver satisfaction, and value for the dollar as criteria.
- The Falcon Heavy rocket will be one of SpaceX's biggest tests yet
- Camila Cabello Was 'Definitely Hurt' By Fifth Harmony's VMAs Shade!
- San Francisco Giants Trade for Andrew McCutchen
- Italy's Services Activity Growth Fastest In 5 Months
- Facebook to Switch Focus from Ads to People This Year
- GOP senator: Reports of Trump's 's---hole' comments a 'gross misrepresentation'
- Micromax announces Bharat Go, its first Android Oreo (Go Edition) smartphone
- BCI panel discusses Supreme Court crisis with Justice Arun Mishra
- Syrian Kurds mobilise civilians as Erdogan warns of attack 'at any moment'
- Wendy Williams shades the Kardashians on her show