We have already told you that Instagram is testing a new word-focused tool called "Text" that can be used in the app's stories feature. However, being able to share Stories outside of the app could also pique the interest of those who never downloaded it or who have been put off by a UX that's proved confusing to newcomers in the past. Well, now the developers behind the app are adding a share button to Stories in the Discover section with a goal of making "Stories" available outside the app for the first time and kick-starting the app's stagnant user growth.
The new update will allow users to share people's Snapchat stories outside of the actual app, meaning that stories can be shared via email etc.
This feature would only be for the "Official Stories", "Our Stories" and "Search Stories" and would not be including the "Publisher Stories" or "Shows" at the moment. Over time, the format will become more widely available.
On Tuesday, Snap introduced an un-Snapchat-like move that allows users to send links of Snapchat Stories for viewing outside of the Snapchat app.
Even more annoying is the fact that the new design forces users to tap a preview of the next person's Story before it is shown.
Nominees For The 90th Annual Academy Awards
This year's Academy Awards ceremony, the 90th year that the awards have been presented, will be broadcast on ABC on March 4. It was the first studio superhero movie to be directed by a woman and feature a female hero on a solo adventure.
Earlier this month, Snap said it would partner with Fox Sports to showcase stories with matchday highlights on the FIFA World Cup soccer tournament to be hosted in Russian Federation later this year. It could mean that media outlets etc could essentially embed snapchat stories much like Facebook or Twitter posts. Better take care with those stories from now on people, make sure they're not set to public before you get caught doing something you'll regret forever.
All you have to do is swipe left on the camera screen, and go into the new Discover screen.
A Snapchat web player has launched to support the new feature. Our Stories and Search Stories are available for 30 days.
Finally, you can share Search Stories, which are stories based around terms you search for in the app - like "puppies" or "football".
- Facebook to Have Users Decide What Is 'High Quality' News
- English Premier League Report: Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur 21 January 2018
- Egypt military accuses presidential hopeful of committing crimes
- Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino admits he's guilty of tax evasion
- Reliance Jio's new mass-connect plan to further hurt incumbents
- Ed Sheeran gets engaged to fiance Cherry Seaborn
- Ferrell brings laughs to Australian Open
- Woody Allen did molest me, says stepdaughter Dylan Farrow
- Francis celebrates alum Greta Gerwig's Oscar nominations with Lady Bird
- Groundbreaking Fantasy Author Ursula K Le Guin Has Died At Age 88