Okay, prolific Netflix (and other) director Mike Flanagan may not be horror royalty yet, but he's certainly becoming a force to be reckoned with in the genre, as he'll be following Before I Wake, Ouija: Origin of Evil, and King adaptation Gerald's Game with Doctor Sleep - which Warner Bros. has just fast tracked, according to Deadline.
This won't be the first King project for Flanagan, who wrote and directed 2017's Gerald's Game, which starred Carla Gugino and Bruce Greenwood.
The book is a sequel to King's widely successful "The Shining" and follows its protagonist as a now grown man who has been haunted by the inhabitants of the Overlook Hotel ever since that traumatizing winter many years ago. Of course Kubrick's film was a purposeful departure from King's novel, so Flanagan will have the added challenge of pleasing both King readers and fans of the Kubrick film. Aided by a prescient cat, he becomes "Doctor Sleep".
SYDNEY 7s: Fiji leads NZ at half time
New Zealand had trailed 14-5 with halftime approaching but a converted try to Regan Ware cut Fiji's lead to 14-12 at the break. Australia's tough defense forced an early turnover and Emilee Cherry crossed in the left corner for Australia's first try .
Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind) originally penned the script for the film, but Flanagan is said to be rewriting it. Goldsman will executive produce the movie, while Trevor Macy (The Strangers) and Jon Berg (Wonder Woman) will produce. But the main story of the novel can be told without dwelling on Danny's past.
Along the way, Danny psychically connects to a young girl who also has the same "shining" abilities. Both have led to the dilution of his "Shining" powers, which slowly begin to re-emerge as Danny turns to sobriety, and uses them to help hospice patients. It'll be interesting to see how Flanagan and Warner Bros. approach Doctor Sleep, as it is very much a sequel to King's The Shining and not a sequel to Kubrick's The Shining. The latter was adapted into a hit movie starring Jack Nicholson in 1980.
- Trump says he's willing to testify in Robert Mueller's Russian Federation probe
- Egypt military accuses presidential hopeful of committing crimes
- Shocking video shows iPhone battery bursting into flames after man bites it
- Padmaavat: Tepid response to bandh call in Guj; film not shown
- UN Lukewarm to Russia-Sponsored Syria Talks in Sochi
- Microsoft unveils $200 Windows 10 laptops for schools
- Facebook to Have Users Decide What Is 'High Quality' News
- Snapchat launches feature that lets users share stories outside the app
- English Premier League Report: Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur 21 January 2018
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on #MeToo: 'It's about time'