You can now use Amazon's Alexa to send SMS messages. To enable the feature on your device, you will need to download the latest version of the Alexa app from the Google Play store. Once you pick someone who's in your Contacts within the Alexa app, you can recite your message. Select "Contacts", then "My Profile". Note, you will not send messages directly from the application.
Amazon's virtual voice assistant Alexa can already make phone calls and send people quick voice messages. Refusing to dismiss it as fake news, the CEO asks how Alexa, being not a real person at all, could possibly have an issue with her vocal cords. Enabling the new feature requires users to open the Alexa app on their smartphone and tap the "Conversations" button.
Kansas City Chiefs players make it clear they'll miss Alex Smith
There are plenty of teams with talent that can match the Kansas City Chiefs but are struggling to find consistency at quarterback. It's probably safe to assume that new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll would love to get his hands on Cousins.
The feature is now only available to people with Android phones which run version 5.0 and up. Needless to say, Rebel, Cardi, Gordon, and Anthony all fail at being Alexa. For example, it could come in handy if your phone is charging in another room but you've got an Alexa device nearby.
Alexa can now switch to a British accent, as well as, German. As of publication time, the company hasn't provided details about when worldwide users might be able to send SMS messages or if Alexa will be able to read incoming messages. Amazon is likely hoping the exposure will help it maintain strong Echo sales and fend off competition from Google and Apple. All three should be available to USA customers in the long term. The caveat here is that the feature worked only when the caller and the receiver had Echo devices. If the recipient of said message owns an Echo, he/she will receive it through Amazon's Alexa messaging service.
- Xerox may combine the company with its Fujifilm joint venture
- Exxon to step up oil production in NM's Permian Basin
- Carson Wentz talks about his injury
- Grammy Winner Chris Stapleton Coming To AMP
- Nokia 7 Plus benchmarks leak ahead of MWC 2018
- Cardi B Slays the Red Carpet During First GRAMMY Appearance
- Flu shots recommended as season has yet to hit peak
- Assange asks court to drop arrest warrant
- Betrayal? Kalonzo, Mudavadi, Wetangula speak after missing Raila swearing
- Tottenham player ratings in 1-1 FA Cup draw at Newport