The second reverse singles was not played but Switzerland's Timea Bacsinszky and Jil Teichmann defeated Lucie Safarova and Barbora Strycova 1-6, 6-4, 10-8 in the doubles. Earlier, Maria downed Vera Lapko 6-4, 5-7, 6-0 and Sabalenka beat Antonia Lottner 6-3, 5-7, 6-2 to make the score 2-2. This February, the tennis queen competed alongside her sister Venus in the Fed Cup.
This is also first time the sisters have played doubles together in this tournament since 2003.
'It's great. It's her first match so I'm glad she got to see it, ' Serena gushed at the Cellular Arena.
Serena Williams is back in the game, with two adorable cheerleaders! Even though the sister-duo lost the match to the Netherlands' Lesley Kerkhove and Demi Schuurs, Serena feels confident that her comeback is right on track.
But Serena Williams is not just any mom.
But this event was most notable for the return of Serena Williams, five months after giving birth.
Kane hints he wants to be a one-club man like Totti
Juve is playing to win the Champions League , but we're not the favourites. We've got to be sensible and experienced, as well.
Ever the perfectionist, Williams admitted balancing work and new motherhood is a challenge: "I didn't manage my time well, but I was thinking about it in the future how to manage it better, "she said after the match".
Williams's husband Alexis Ohanian, sat in the front row, holding up their impossibly cute daughter, who was wearing a red-and-white striped headband/bow combo that stylish infants are no doubt scrambling to copy.
For Kvitova, who got the ball rolling for the Czechs on Saturday with a hard-fought win over Viktorija Golubic, this weekend marked her return to the Fed Cup for the first time since being injured in a knife attack at her home in 2016. I'm going to try to do better. "It was hard. It was the first time for me".
The result took some of the shine off the United States' otherwise decisive victory, leaving the final score 3-1 for the defending champions, booking a semifinal clash against France in April.
Two-time champion advanced with Amandine Hesse and Kristina Mladenovic winning 6-4, 2-6, 6-2 against 's Elise Mertens and Kirsten Flipkens in the deciding doubles.
- Auto Expo launch 2018 updates
- Meghan Markle's Feud With Her Sister Just Destroyed Her Perfect Image
- Google Shipped 3.9 Million Pixel Units Last Year
- Sharma ton helps India bag ODI series win
- Winter Olympics 2018: First Gold Goes To Sweden, Koreas In Spotlight
- American-led strikes kill 100 pro-Syrian fighters
- Trump aide to leave White House after abuse allegations
- Omarosa says she wouldn't vote for Trump again
- Senate begins freewheeling immigration debate
- Energy Security, Infrastructural Investments Will Be Top Priority During PM Modi's Visit