In essence, an allegedly faithful Republican Party supporter Mitt Romney was helping liberal Democrat Hillary Clinton, who was the only candidate that benefitted from the attacks on Trump. A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he also enjoys strong support among Utah's large Mormon population.
"I see way too much demagoguery and populism on both sides of the aisle, and I only hope and aspire we'll see more greatness", he said in March 2016.
Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's Senate campaign announcement came with a call to possibly implement new gun control legislation. The ambition to serve as our nation's Commander-in-Chief was shared by his son, Willard "Mitt" Romney, who attempted to win the presidency four decades later.
Sharma ton helps India bag ODI series win
India has played four ODIs against South Africa on this ground and is yet to register a win at the venue . Brief scores: India 274/7 ( Rohit Sharma 115, Virat Kohli 36; Lungi Ngidi 4/51) vs South Africa .
During the 2016 Republican primaries, Romney called Trump a "phony" and joined efforts to block Trump's GOP nomination at the Republican convention. In an interview Friday, Romney told the Daily Herald, "Where the president has said something or tweeted something that I thought was important, and where I disagreed, then I pointed that out". He pointed to the discussions Romney and Trump had about the Secretary of State position - Trump was reportedly considering Romney as a candidate for that job - and the private dinner they shared in NY after Trump won the election.
Romney is a pure opportunist, which is why he is running for the U.S. Senate in a state that he has only lived in for five years.
Freshman student Cienna Dorny signed Romney's petition and snapped a picture on her iPhone of her posing with the candidate. He is widely known in the state for rescuing Salt Lake City's 2002 Winter Games.
Neverthelesss, it seems Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was correct when he said on Saturday that he "can't imagine" Trump would not support Romney's candidacy. He served as governor of MA from 2003 to 2007. "And I don't think he's going to be going out of his way to look for ways he can challenge the president".
- Instagram testing screenshot warnings in Stories
- Flu death toll rises to 251 in San Diego
- Oxfam's funding frozen until standards raised
- Adam Lallana On Bench - Liverpool Team vs Southampton Confirmed
- Seaside Park Bomber Sentenced to Multiple Life Terms
- Minutes: Rex Tillerson "Not Dangling Carrot" with North Korea
- Auburn's short-handed comeback attempt falls short in loss at SC
- US President Trump threatens China with sanctions on trade imbalance
- Ethiopia prime minister Hailemariam Desalegn resigns
- Meghan Markle's Feud With Her Sister Just Destroyed Her Perfect Image