The poll ranks "presidential greatness", since the first POTUS.
Each expert who took the poll was asked to rate each president on a 0-100 scale, with 0 meaning failure and 100 meaning greatness.
The Times' survey, which was the first since 2014, also reveals some interesting trends about the legacy of other presidents.
The two presidents whose rankings were affected most by partisan lines were Reagan and Obama, arguably the two modern personifications of those parties, as Democrats ranked Reagan 9 places lower than Republicans and Obama 10 places higher. "His average rating is 12.34, which is almost three points lower than James Buchanan (15.09), who previously occupied the lowest rank".
Just over 57 percent of those polled identified as Democrats, while 13 percent were Republican and 27 percent, Independents.
Sharma ton helps India bag ODI series win
India has played four ODIs against South Africa on this ground and is yet to register a win at the venue . Brief scores: India 274/7 ( Rohit Sharma 115, Virat Kohli 36; Lungi Ngidi 4/51) vs South Africa .
According to the Boise State University website, the Presidents & Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association is the foremost organization of social science experts in presidential politics.
Thus, Lincoln got a rating of 95.03, while Washington got a rating of 92.59.
Although he is the 45th president, Trump was rated as 44th best, which was the lowest ranking because the survey did not count Grover Cleveland's nonconsecutive terms separately.
The higher marks awarded Trump were in communicating with the public and foreign policy leadership. They placed Obama at No. 16.
Ronald Reagan jumped two spots from 11th to ninth, with an average of 69.24.
- South Africa's new leader pledges to tackle state corruption
- Adam Lallana On Bench - Liverpool Team vs Southampton Confirmed
- Oxfam's funding frozen until standards raised
- Seaside Park Bomber Sentenced to Multiple Life Terms
- Kane hints he wants to be a one-club man like Totti
- Consumers to get brief respite as January inflation set to edge lower
- Senate begins freewheeling immigration debate
- Google Wants To Bring Smart Replies To More Chat Apps
- Kanye West returns to Instagram with eight hours of Valentine's Day posts
- Flu death toll rises to 251 in San Diego