Catherine joined everyone from Aussie beauty Margot Robbie to Angelina Jolie and more as they stunned in glitzy ball gowns for the annual bash at London's Royal Albert Hall. Middleton, whose look was reminiscent of the inky-blue Jenny Packham gown she donned for the dinner in NY, finished her look with her Prada wavy cut-out suede heels and a Pretty Ballerinas clutch bag.
Kate was in a hard position as if she completely refused to wear black, she could be open to criticism for not using her platform to make a stand against sexual harassment and women's rights.
Flu death toll rises to 251 in San Diego
The percentage spiked over the last three weeks, and is now higher than at this time in any of the last three flu seasons. Reported cases of people with influenza-like illnesses are more than twice the activity seen in a typical flu season.
There had been much speculation in the build-up to the event about what colour Kate would wear. There was a suggestion that if Kate did choose to wear black she would be making a political statement - something members of the royal family typically prefer to avoid doing.
However, some viewers took to social media to criticize the 36-year-old duchess for not showing support for the women's movement.
Disappointed in Kate Middleton not wearing black to the BAFTAs. It's also important to note that the Royal Family has spoken out about sexual harassment too.
- Austin Dillon's Daytona 500 win special for his family and Dale Earnhardt's
- Pakistan's Supreme Court bars ousted PM Nawaz Sharif from leading PML-N
- US President Trump threatens China with sanctions on trade imbalance
- Trump and his fiercest critic Romney friends again - on Twitter
- Minutes: Rex Tillerson "Not Dangling Carrot" with North Korea
- Delhi Chief Secretary Assault Case: Police Detains AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal
- Peyton Manning could have his pick of FOX, ESPN top analyst job
- Iran: We will flatten Tel Aviv if attacked
- Black Panther: South Korea tops global box office
- Venezuela's national cryptocurrency is officially up for sale