The Press-Telegram says Long Beach police didn't provide specifics about the threats against Millikan High and Wilson High.
Police say two students were arrested on suspicion of making unrelated threats at two Southern California high schools just miles (kilometers) apart.
Then on Wednesday morning, staff at Millikan High School reported a threat made by a 15-year-old freshman that was overheard by his fellow students. According to a statement from the Long Beach Police Department, detectives worked through the night to determine if the threat was real, but ultimately found it was not credible. Police said she is being charged with a second-degree felony.
Police said multiple resources are poured into investigating and protecting schools against these threats. No arrests were made in that case.
Abbas, Haley Trade Barbs Over Trump's Israel Stand at UN
In December, the General Assembly voted 128-9, with 35 abstentions, to reject the U.S. decision to recognise Jerusalem. That vote in the 193-nation assembly came after 14 of the 15 council members voted in favor of a similar measure.
The threats are similar in nature to threats that have occurred regionally and nationally throughout the past week, officials said, and comes on the heels of a mass shooting at a Florida School on Valentine's Day that left 17 people dead.
On 2/21/18 at approximately 2:30 pm, officers were dispatched to Wilson High School to assist a LB Board of Education Public Safety officer who had a student detained for making threats to harm others at the school. "Making any kind of threat whether in person or online, is illegal and has serious consequences".
"We thank those who came forward with important information", said Superintendent Chris Steinhauser.
Police said anyone with information may text "CRIMES" (274637) with a cellphone or log on to dbpd.us and click on Anonymous Web Tips.
- Peyton Manning could have his pick of FOX, ESPN top analyst job
- Electric auto boom prompts Apple to get serious about securing cobalt
- Trump and his fiercest critic Romney friends again - on Twitter
- Buccaneers Release Doug Martin
- Iran: We will flatten Tel Aviv if attacked
- South Africa's new leader pledges to tackle state corruption
- Austin Dillon's Daytona 500 win special for his family and Dale Earnhardt's
- Pakistan's Supreme Court bars ousted PM Nawaz Sharif from leading PML-N
- Tennessee children have died from the flu this season
- Genesis Open 2018: Three-putts derails Anirban Lahiri