Turkmenistan holds the world's fourth largest natural gas reserves, but in recent years has been strongly dependent on gas exports to China after Russian Federation reduced their gas imports.
The prime minister along with the delegation, comprising Minister of State for Petroleum Jam Kamal Khan, Provincial Minister for Labour and HR Raja Ashfaq Sarwar, Ambassador of Pakistan to Turkmenistan Mr. Murad Ashraf Janjua and other senior government officials, reached Mary on Thursday on the invitation from the President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamadov.
"TAPI will lead from a gas pipeline into an energy and communication corridor", Mr Abbasi said, adding that as well as providing energy, the pipeline would underpin development of road, rail and communications networks. But starting work on the pipeline has been delayed because of the problem of crossing Afghanistan.
Redesign here to stay: Snapchat responds to users' disstress
Snapchat's new app has been continuously and widely criticised since it started rolling out worldwide in the last couple of weeks. Following that tweet, which was liked more than 260,000 times, Snap Inc's stock price plummeted by 7.2 percent.
The Afghan president in his address said Afghanistan will leave no stone unturned to implement the project.
Terming the project a message for future generation, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani said: "We hope our next generation will see this pipeline as the foundation of a joint position in our region which is aimed at improving our economy, providing jobs and increasing our security, all in our fight against extremists".
The pipeline mostly runs through parts of southwestern Afghanistan where the Taliban insurgency controls or influences many districts. It will provide energy-hungry India gas to run its power plants. This is because flow of more gas to Pakistan and India would mean sustainability of energy for their economic development while it would contribute a lot in generating economic activity in the war-torn Afghanistan.
The prime minister reiterated Pakistan's full support to Turkmenistan's policy of permanent neutrality and President Berdimuhamadov's initiatives at the UN. The ADB is acting as the facilitator and coordinator for the project.
- CDC warning links kratom to salmonella outbreak across 20 states
- Kate Middleton : Why wasn't she dressed in black to the Baftas 2018 ?
- Winter Olympics 2018: Canadian athlete charged with stealing auto
- Long Beach high schools threatened with violence, 2 students arrested
- Shocking- Bollywood actress Sridevi is no more ..
- Timberwolves star Butler suffers knee injury
- Jennifer Lawrence Says She Dropped Out of Middle School to Pursue Acting
- Iran: We will flatten Tel Aviv if attacked
- Venezuela's national cryptocurrency is officially up for sale
- Exynos Galaxy S9 Plus Model Hits Geekbench With 6GB Of RAM