According to half a dozen defense and administration officials, the Pentagon is looking at the possibility of allowing the President to potentially move the three-star general from his current role in the administration into a four-star military role, CNN reported. He was followed by H.R. McMaster, who is said to be walking on thin ice with respect to his disturbed relations with the president.
National security adviser H.R. McMaster is rumored to be leaving the White House as early as next month, according to a report.
Despite the denials, White House sources tell Fox News that there are many people in the West Wing - including Trump himself - who would rather see McMaster removed from his position.
The leading contender to replace McMaster is Stephen Biegun, who once served as senior aide to former national security adviser Condoleezza Rice.
This rumor comes amidst rising tensions in the White House between McMaster and President Donald Trump.
Russian Federation tells European Union gas supplies via Ukraine under no immediate threat
President Petro Poroshenko has stated that Ukraine has sufficient natural gas reserves in its underground storage facilities. Kyiv has not bought any Russian gas at all since November 2015, replacing it with reverse-supplied Russian gas from Europe.
Until the White House requested his service, McMaster planned to retire last summer.
Despite making the acknowledgment, Hicks said she had not lied about matters in connection with the investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. "There are no personnel announcements at this time", spokesman Raj Shah said.
White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and Defense Secretary James Mattis are reportedly handling the search for McMaster's replacement.. The 29-year-old had been a close friend and former employee of Ivanka Trump, and been considered a close ally of the president before her resignation.
"McMaster told an audience at the Munich Security Conference in February that Russian Federation had engaged in a "'sophisticated form of espionage" against the U.S.in a futile attempt at disruption.
The White House released a statement calling Thursday's report "fake news".
- UA outside counsel releases statement on Deandre Ayton
- Kushner's Company Got $509M in Loans After WH Meetings
- US, Britain, France, Germany condemn Iran, warn to stop arming Houthi militia
- Woods hot, Scott claws back at PGA Honda
- Jennifer Lawrence Says She Dropped Out of Middle School to Pursue Acting
- Ledecka seals stunning double, Norway sets medals mark
- Dana White Continues To Tease Brock Lesnar's Potential UFC Return
- Zagitova stuns Medvedeva to take figure skating gold
- 7.5 magnitude earthquake strikes Papua New Guinea
- Nice Stretch of Weather Then a Late Week Storm