Davis was reportedly released from the McLaren-Central Michigan Hospital before the shooting.
A suspect shot and two people on the campus of Central Michigan University on Friday.
Two people were shot dead Friday on the campus of a university in the U.S. state of MI, setting off a manhunt for the suspected gunman.
Authorities were looking for 19-year-old Eric Davis Jr. Investigators are searching for a 19-year-old suspect who is considered to be armed and risky.
"This was a bad incident, it was an isolated incident, but we had two people that were killed in a residence facility", Gov. Rick Snyder, R, said at a Friday press conference.
Police are calling the shooting a "family-type of domestic situation".
Anyone planning to come to campus on Friday to pick up students for spring break should avoid the area. "The hurting will go on for a while", said university President George Ross. "We have not had any calls from the community, saying they've seen him".
Timberwolves star Butler suffers knee injury
Butler looked to be in serious pain, grabbing his right knee after his leg gave out on a pass to Taj Gibson . In terms of a nightly basis, Butler is worth about two-to-three points on the betting line.
The university said no other injuries have been reported.
Mt. Pleasant police say they believe James Eric Davis, Jr.is in city limits.
The early morning incident put the campus into lockdown - trapping students in classrooms and dormitories until mid-afternoon - while police conducted an expansive search for the 19-year-old suspected gunman. CMU police confirmed Davis is from IL.
A student, Tyler Whipple, was driving through campus when his route was blocked by police cars at the scene of the killings.
About 3:15 p.m. CMU said uniformed officers began assisting individuals to leave campus buildings. The college's spring break starts today so lots of students were being picked up and leaving today.
This incident comes a little more than two weeks after a gunman opened fire with an AR-15 style weapon at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL.
Central Michigan University's main campus is located on the south side of Mount Peasant, which is about an hour's drive north of Lansing.
- Priya Prakash Warrier charges 8 LAKH whopping amount for single Instagram post
- Nice Stretch of Weather Then a Late Week Storm
- Jennifer Lawrence Says She Dropped Out of Middle School to Pursue Acting
- Slowing online sales and reduced profits worry Walmart investors
- 'Horror' as doctor cuts open wrong patient's head
- Mark Carney: Cryptocurrency isn't real money and must be regulated
- Ledecka seals stunning double, Norway sets medals mark
- Redesign here to stay: Snapchat responds to users' disstress
- YouTube stopped hiring white men in attempt to boost diversity, lawsuit claims
- Kushner's Company Got $509M in Loans After WH Meetings