"Many places that have been struck are still inaccessible, except by walking in, so there is a huge supply issue in delivering aid", Udaya Regmi, the country head of the Red Cross, told the Guardian.
"Big trucks can not go there". One resident described vast devastation and said he was living on top of the rubble of his home with dwindling food supplies and contaminated water to drink. "There is no fear of starvation yet, but we don't have the full picture".
Santos, which holds a 13.5 per cent stake to Oil Search's 29 per cent, said in a statement it will donate $US200,000 to aid agencies to provide assistance for communities hit by the quake.
Two magnitude-6 tremors hit inland areas early on Monday.
Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O'Neill has declared a state of emergency.
"Public health and public hygiene are now concerns", she said.
University: Student Charged in Parents' Slayings
Davis Jr .'s father was a police officer in Bellwood, Illinois, which is just west of Chicago. "Mr Davis was very vague". According to Illinois state lawmaker Emanuel Chris Welch, James Davis Sr. was a police officer in Bellwood, Illinois.
Julie Sakol a nurse at Mendi General Hospital said on Sunday the aftershocks were slowly decreasing.
Australian Sally Lloyd who is visiting PNG said villagers were terrified by the constant shaking. "They think the end of the world is happening".
A 6.0-magnitude quake has struck 111 km southwest of Porgera in Papua New Guinea on Monday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
Energy firm ExxonMobil which had to declare force majeure on exports from its PNG LNG project in the wake of the natural disaster has also donated US$1 million to the humanitarian effort.
Santos is providing $200,000, ExxonMobil $US1 million ($1.3 million) and Oil Search $US5 million.
- YouTube stopped hiring white men in attempt to boost diversity, lawsuit claims
- Victims identified in fatal shooting at Central Michigan University
- UK PM May defends 'credible' Brexit plan
- Tiger Woods to play for ninth Arnold Palmer Invitational win
- Comcast Makes $31 Billion Offer for Sky
- Putin showcases missiles pointed at Florida, Trump is silent
- Dana White Continues To Tease Brock Lesnar's Potential UFC Return
- Vancouver-based MEC severs ties with gun manufacturer after outcry
- 'Horror' as doctor cuts open wrong patient's head
- Mark Carney: Cryptocurrency isn't real money and must be regulated