The model debuted at the Geneva Motor Show this week. No timeframe for the i4's entry into the market was announced, but the company is set to deploy a number of models ahead of it.
The Concept M8 Gran Coupe's arrival follows the unveiling of the Concept 8-Series Coupe at last year's Villa D'Este Concorso D'Eleganza in Como, Italy, as well as the unleashing of an M8 Coupe prototype during a promotional event at the 2017 Nurburgring 24-hour endurance race in Germany.
Commenting on the concept of the upcoming 8-Series Gran Coupe, the vice president of BMW M design, Domagoj Dukec, says: The Concept M8 Gran Coupe is created to stir things up, to polarize. As well as dynamic excellence, the BMW Concept M8 Gran Coupe embodies a new facet of luxury for the BMW brand - ultra-sporty, extrovert and polarising.
Since we're talking about a full-blown BMW M vehicle, the roof is made from CFRP, which helps lower the car's center of gravity both visually and physically. But among its many unique bold touches, the new concept receives more aggressive front air vents as well as yellow headlights featuring tech borrowed from the M8 GTE race auto.
Papua New Guinea quake death toll reaches 67 as aftershocks strike
A 6.0-magnitude quake has struck 111 km southwest of Porgera in Papua New Guinea on Monday, according to the U.S. Julie Sakol a nurse at Mendi General Hospital said on Sunday the aftershocks were slowly decreasing.
If you want concrete details on the final version of the new 8 Series Gran Coupe and its M8 equivalent, you've got a bit longer to wait - the final versions will be presented "during the course of 2019", at which point they will complete the new 8 Series family.
The long wheelbase of the concept is nearly dwarfed by the large features of the front fascia, meant to communicate a sense of performance, with the sleek line of the greenhouse skipping the flat plane roof of the 7-Series.
Like the BMW Concept 8 Series before it, the BMW Concept M8 Gran Coupe shows off BMW's new design language, headlined by expressive surfacing that accentuates the car's dynamism more vividly than before through its bodywork. "Here, BMW M is unmistakably taking luxury out of its comfort zone".
- UK PM May defends 'credible' Brexit plan
- Chinese Communist Party approved a new package of reforms in the country
- Northwestern women beat Wisconsin 68-63 in Big Ten 1st round
- Sarah Sanders: 'General McMaster Is Not Going Anywhere'
- NASA will launch next generation GEOS-S satellite today
- Russian Federation tells European Union gas supplies via Ukraine under no immediate threat
- Turkish warplanes strike pro-Syrian forces killing 36
- Northeast elections: Congress committed to win back their trust, says Rahul Gandhi
- Vancouver-based MEC severs ties with gun manufacturer after outcry
- 'Horror' as doctor cuts open wrong patient's head