"I'll be fine", Bennett said after the loss to Arizona. "Just seems like it's a young man's game". By trading Johnson, they part ways with a reserve wideout who's played sparingly while making only five catches in 10 career games.
Bennett's brother Martellus is now on the Patriots' roster, although he may be cut in the next week or so since he's due a roster bonus on March 14.
Curry's cap number in 2018 is $11 million, but the starting right defensive end would probably lose his starting job next season to Derek Barnett, the 14th pick from 2017 who is coming off an impressive rookie season.
The Atlanta Falcons have previously been reported as interested in Bennett.
The Eagles were working to restructure Curry's contract in an attempt to keep him, but the arrival of Bennett is likely to accelerate trade talks.
Allison Janney thanks long-time St. Paul resident in Oscar acceptance speech
She said she "didn't dare to dream of things like this" earlier in her career because she did not want to be disappointed. When Janney arrived backstage to an interview room to talk with reporters, she promptly removed her shoes.
Bennett posted 8.5 sacks last season and instantly upgrades the Eagles pass rush.
Jeffery was re-signed in December, after putting pen to paper on a one-year deal on the first day of free agency. He returned to Seattle as a free agent in 2013 and produced 39 sacks over his five seasons with the team.
Carroll suggested at his season-ending presser that the non-football issues may have impacted Bennett's play. But considering how good of a player Bennett still is, the lack of depth on the roster, and the minimal return in value from the Eagles, there's a chance this move could backfire.
That news broke about an hour after Seahawks teammates began using their social-media account to react to what they inferred was three-time All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman saying goodbye. Jenkins demonstrated during the national anthem for a season-plus before the Players Coalition's partnership with the NFL was announced in late November.
Johnson would give Seattle another body at receiver if it is unable to retain WR Paul Richardson.
- Maintenance Leads to Drop In UAE's Oil Output
- Egypt dismisses Red Sea islands transfer-challenges
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17110
- Apple is reportedly working on headphones to rival its own Beats
- Northwestern women beat Wisconsin 68-63 in Big Ten 1st round
- Jordan Peele open to a 'Get Out' sequel
- UK PM May defends 'credible' Brexit plan
- Q2 Weather: Falling snow stops, but blowing snow is still trouble
- Papua New Guinea quake death toll reaches 67 as aftershocks strike
- National People's Party chief Conrad Sangma takes oath as Meghalaya chief minister