"At that point in time the suspect shot and killed one of the Clinton Police officers".
Two other officers were injured during the shooting.
According to Sgt. Bill Lowe with MSHP, it was around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday, when Henry County 911 received a call from a Clinton home near South Orchard and West Ohio Street, in which the phone line was left open and screaming was heard in the background.
Shortly after their arrival Lowe says the officers were shot at by the suspect from inside the residence. He was found dead early Wednesday in a Clinton home where the officers were shot hours earlier while trying to apprehend him.
The cause of his death is unclear. One officer was fatally shot inside the home while two others are in stable condition in the hospital.
The two women who originally called 911 ere not injured.
Clinton Police Officer Christopher Ryan Morton, 30, has been identified as the officer who was killed in the line of duty the evening of March 6.
Northwestern women beat Wisconsin 68-63 in Big Ten 1st round
But the Hawkeyes succeeded in getting MI into significant foul trouble ( Moritz Wagner , Abdur-Rahkman fouled out). MI came to NY red-hot from 3-point range but missed its first 12 attempts and finished just 3-for-19 from deep.
He was a veteran of the Army National Guard and is survived by his parents and siblings.
The two officers are undergoing treatment Wednesday morning.
Multiple agencies, including the Missouri State Highway Patrol, were at the scene.
A town in shock - People living in Clinton woke up to the news that another officer was killed. In one era, they are called warriors. As a sign of support for the police department, the blue flags were sent out to the Clinton community after Michael was shot in August.
"It's just another tragic event for this community and especially this police department".
Sgt. Lowe said Morton had been with the department for a while.
Officer Michael died just seven months ago, which was already a big loss to the department. "Officer Christopher Ryan Morton gave the #UltimateSacrifice" she wrote.
Lowe said they believe they know who the shooter is, but will not release any information until they "are positive" about his identity.
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17110
- Tommy Lee accuses adult son of assault
- Allison Janney thanks long-time St. Paul resident in Oscar acceptance speech
- University: Student Charged in Parents' Slayings
- National People's Party chief Conrad Sangma takes oath as Meghalaya chief minister
- BMW M8 Gran Coupe Concept
- Q2 Weather: Falling snow stops, but blowing snow is still trouble
- Jordan Peele open to a 'Get Out' sequel
- SpaceX launches its largest satellite ever
- Washington sticks it to the FCC, passes its own net neutrality rules