A broken airplane seat has earned an American woman a US$10,000 (NZ$13,800) travel voucher - just for agreeing to be bumped off the flight.
Preiss scored the golden ticket from the airline - still smarting from a string of embarrassing public relations disasters - after she was forced to get off a flight headed from Dulles International Airport in Fairfax, Virginia, to Austin, Texas, according to the outlet.
Allison Preiss began complaining on Twitter about being bumped from the flight, but her complaints stopped after she was offered a $10,000 travel voucher and a seat on the next flight, USA Today reported.
"Since nobody volunteered, they then announced that the lowest-fare passenger would be pulled out of the boarding line", Preiss said. "They are kicking me off this flight", she posted. Unreal, ' she said before later tweeting that she was the lowest. When the airline offered her $1,000 in travel vouchers, she demanded cash. "Sketchy af", she wrote on Twitter.
Passengers queue for flights at New York's John F. Kennedy Airport in January.
Deputy's quick action stopped Maryland school shooter
Authorities said a 16-year-old female student is fighting for her life in intensive care at Prince George's Hospital Center. Gunman killed The shooter was injured and taken to the hospital, where he later died, officials said at a news conference.
The agents raised the offer for volunteers one more time, to a $2,000 voucher, but when no one responded, Preiss was stopped from boarding the plane.
She took it. Along with two $10 meal vouchers.
"They really do not want to give me cash".
It's also important to be aware of any connections between different airlines during the trip, Passman said, as carriers don't interline pets, meaning the owner would have to collect and recheck the animal when switching carriers.
- Paralympian wins seat in SA election
- U.S. blocks use of Venezuela's digital currency: White House
- Former Cambridge Analytica employee Chris Wylie gives speech
- Horn star Sudan, last male northern white rhino, dies aged 45
- Oil Prices Up As EIA Confirms Crude Draw
- I Always Prove I'm The Best - Cristiano Ronaldo
- 'Sex and the City' star Nixon to challenge Andrew Cuomo
- Israeli stabbed in Jerusalem's Old City, attacker shot dead
- Federation Internationale de Football Association approves video assistant referees for World Cup 2018
- Attack in Kabul on Persian New Year kills 26