He opened his jacket to reveal a t-shirt saying "We can end gun violence", and noted he hopes that is what the protests can eventually accomplish.
The musician, 75, was at the New York City rally on Saturday which started close to the apartment building where Lennon was shot in 1980. Speaking to CNN he explained that having lost a good friend of his to gun violence, it was a very important issue to him.
The march, held in favor of gun control, was part of a web of rallies that took place across the country, including in Boston. "So, it's important to me".Читайте также: Attack in Kabul on Persian New Year kills 26
Saturday's marches were attended by numerous celebrities and politicians, while others tweeted support for demonstrators around the country.
March For Our Lives was organized by the surviving students of the Parkland, Florida school shooting that took place on February 14.
Adriana Grande, who was performing in Manchester, U.K. last May 22 when a terrorist bombed the Manchester Arena, was one of those performing at the Washington, DC March For Our Lives event.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- I Always Prove I'm The Best - Cristiano Ronaldo
- Know the symptoms and treatments of the airborne disease
- Why western MA didn't get the snow from the latest nor'easter
- Oil Prices Up As EIA Confirms Crude Draw
- Ex-'Apprentice' Contestant's Defamation Claim Against Trump May Proceed, NY Judge Rules
- Trump moves to limit transgender individuals from military service
- U.S. blocks use of Venezuela's digital currency: White House
- Sobering news about binge drinking in America
- Horn star Sudan, last male northern white rhino, dies aged 45
- Deputy's quick action stopped Maryland school shooter