And during a January visit to India, Netanyahu asserted that the new air route over Saudi territory would drastically reduce flight time. And while the move ended a 70-year-old ban on planes flying to or from Israel through Saudi airspace, there is as yet no indication that it will be applied for any Israeli airline.
According to Israeli Tourism Minister Yariv Levin, Singapore Airlines and an unidentified Filipino airline are considering asking Saudi Arabia for permission to plan routes to Israel that overfly Saudi airspace.
In light of the fact that the flight passes over Saudi Arabia, it takes about seven hours - the shortest direct flight time between India and Israel.
Speaking at the airport, Katz said that "we are celebrating the growing closer ties between Israel and India, and our first civilian connection with Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states". The flight will arrive at the Ben Gurion International Airport at Tel Aviv at 2145 hrs.Читайте также: Truex wins for first time this season
Ever since the government cleared a proposal to sell state-run carrier, several companies have expressed an interest in buying some of its businesses.
Netanyahu told reporters in Washington earlier this month that Air India had reached an agreement with Saudi Arabia for the route. "The minimum net worth criteria for companies or consortiums bidding for Air India has been set at INR 5,000 crore. But to allow participation from domestic airlines - many of which have negative net worth - it has also been made a decision to allow them to bid provided they form a consortium that has a net worth of over Rs 5,000 crore", a senior government official told the newspaper. Those flights take around 7 hours and 40 minutes, following a Red Sea route that swings toward Ethiopia to avoid Saudi airspace. "It's small but significant", he added.
Meanwhile, IndiGo and Qatar Airways have denied a report that said the two firms would table a joint-bid for Air India, even as the government is on the verge of announcing the modalities for the sale of the debt-ridden national carrier.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Arsenal fans are refusing to believe Thomas Tuchel is 'done deal'
- Trump moves to limit transgender individuals from military service
- YouTube to simplify live streaming with shortcut in your phone's camera app
- I Always Prove I'm The Best - Cristiano Ronaldo
- Former Cambridge Analytica employee Chris Wylie gives speech
- Stranger Things Cast Get Salary Increases Before Season 3
- Bank of England votes 7-2 for no-change
- Another evacuation deal reached as Syrian regime and Russian Federation pummel Ghouta
- Trump asks to share Saudi Arabia's wealth through weapons deals
- Paul McCartney Remembers John Lennon During March For Our Lives